It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Question on XML schema of Test Requirement

Yaqian Fang (2013223) | asked Apr 07 '10, 7:45 p.m.
Hi,

I'm following the instruction at the InfoCenter () to create test requirement xml file to be imported into RQM.
I noticed that not all schema has corresponding field in the RQM. For example, in the above URL, it has <state>authoring.s1</state> which after the import does not show anywhere in RQM. Is it possible to make the <state></state> and other elements viewable in RQM?

The other question is about View Requiements. In the list of requirements, there are Status, ID, Risk, Souce Id, Name, Description and Owner, which can be used to sort. What is "Source Id" ? Where is it defined? It doesn't seem part of a requirement.

Many thanks.

2 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Apr 13 '10, 3:03 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
While it is technically possible to edit the process.xml to show different data in the workitem view it is generally not recommended.

"Source Id" is used when you integrate with an external requirements system, such as ReqPro or DOORs. Otherwise it is not used.

Regards,
John Nason

Hi,

I'm following the instruction at the InfoCenter () to create test requirement xml file to be imported into RQM.
I noticed that not all schema has corresponding field in the RQM. For example, in the above URL, it has <state>authoring.s1</state> which after the import does not show anywhere in RQM. Is it possible to make the <state></state> and other elements viewable in RQM?

The other question is about View Requiements. In the list of requirements, there are Status, ID, Risk, Souce Id, Name, Description and Owner, which can be used to sort. What is "Source Id" ? Where is it defined? It doesn't seem part of a requirement.

Many thanks.

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Apr 13 '10, 6:39 p.m.
Hi John,

Thanks for your reply. Where is the process.xml is located? I cannot find it anywhere under the RQM201 folder. I couldn't find any help info. from the info center either. Can you pls give me a direction? thanks

While it is technically possible to edit the process.xml to show different data in the workitem view it is generally not recommended.

"Source Id" is used when you integrate with an external requirements system, such as ReqPro or DOORs. Otherwise it is not used.

Regards,
John Nason

Hi,

Many thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.