It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Modifying RTC Defect creation "pop up" presented t

David Landry (2347) | asked Apr 07 '10, 9:52 a.m.
I am trying to integrate RQM to an existing RTC instance.

The RTC instance uses a modified template and has a required Defect attribute "Phase Found" (ie: can't file a defect unless this field is filled in.)

I've cross certified my RQM server with this RTC server and everything seems to work fine except that I cannot file a defect from RQM as the "pop up" that displays when I try to create a defect from RQM does not include the "Phase Found" filed ... and so I can't fill it in, and I get an error that the required field is not fill in.

Where do I start looking in order to determine how to modify the java "pop up" presented from RTC to RQM so that it displays the required field?

Thanks

6 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 07 '10, 11:11 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi David,

here would be a good start: http://jazz.net/library/article/130.

There was a similar thread recently here. The Presentation you are looking for probably is the Lightweight Creator in the Process Configuration .... Work Items>Editor Presentations.

See below for some of my notes on details. However there seems to be a caveat. It seems that the creator is not dynamically repopulated for different types so you would see the additional field even if it is not required especially maybe on local work items.

You might be better off if you would allow to create the work item and require the field later beginning with some specific state transition.

You can duplicate the com.ibm.team.workitem.editor.default, customize it and use the new editor in the Edoitor Presentation binding as "Work Item Editor".

You can duplicate the (outermost) tab in com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline, give it some ID, customize it and use it as Inline Work Item Editor and as Plan Editor Previev editor. You can instead of duplicating create your own tab too.

You can duplicate the section "Lightweight Creator" in the com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight tab id "com.ibm.team.workitem.lightweight.editor" named "Other Work Item Editor Elements", give it an ID and name and use it as Lightweight Work Item Creation Dialog......

I am trying to integrate RQM to an existing RTC instance.

The RTC instance uses a modified template and has a required Defect attribute "Phase Found" (ie: can't file a defect unless this field is filled in.)

I've cross certified my RQM server with this RTC server and everything seems to work fine except that I cannot file a defect from RQM as the "pop up" that displays when I try to create a defect from RQM does not include the "Phase Found" filed ... and so I can't fill it in, and I get an error that the required field is not fill in.

Where do I start looking in order to determine how to modify the java "pop up" presented from RTC to RQM so that it displays the required field?

Thanks

permanent link
David Landry (2347) | answered Apr 07 '10, 12:06 p.m.
Thanks rschoon,

Found the proper place to add the new "presentation".

Added the new presentation under com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline (Details - layout slot: left) and it now works fine.

This field is required, so if I understand your caveat it should work out fine, but I think I understand what you mean about non-required fields.

Cheers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 07 '10, 1:59 p.m.
Hi David,

the inline editor is working as expected. If that was the one you should be fine. This is not affected by the caveat. The creator that comes up if you add a new work item in RTC e.g. fron some wizards seems to have the limitations.

Glad you found it!

Ralph

Thanks rschoon,

Found the proper place to add the new "presentation".

Added the new presentation under com.ibm.team.workitem.web.inline (Details - layout slot: left) and it now works fine.

This field is required, so if I understand your caveat it should work out fine, but I think I understand what you mean about non-required fields.

Cheers

permanent link
David Landry (2347) | answered Apr 07 '10, 2:04 p.m.
Thanks for the clarification Ralph, I'll take that issue of my "worry list" :)

cheers

permanent link
Shagufta Raza (6) | answered May 04 '10, 7:52 a.m.
Hi,

I want to update the Default Defect template present in RQM Version 2.0. Kindly help me in finding the options to update the current fields and how to add new fileds in the defect template of RQM

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 04 '10, 8:11 a.m.
Hi,

I would suggest to post to the RQM forum. They know more specifics that might be different to RTC.

Having said that, you probably want to look here for work item customization: http://jazz.net/projects/rational-team-concert/learnmore/. What you have to do is to install the RTC client shipped with RQM. Connect to the RQM server, right click the project area you want to customize. Select "Open". The Project Area Editor provides a Process Customization Tab. The Work Item customization can be found in Project Configuration>Configuration Data.

Ralph

Hi,

I want to update the Default Defect template present in RQM Version 2.0. Kindly help me in finding the options to update the current fields and how to add new fileds in the defect template of RQM

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.