It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

how to import requirements into RQM using Word Importer

Yaqian Fang (2013223) | asked Mar 28 '10, 7:24 p.m.
Hi,
I checked the tech note at https://jazz1.torolab.ibm.com/wiki/bin/view/Main/RQMExcelWordImporter But it mainly talks about importing test scripts. My question is how can I import requirements into RQM using the Word Importer? What's the syntax? Can some one give me an example? Thanks.

4 answers

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Mar 28 '10, 10:52 p.m.
OK, let me re-phrase my question.

I have a table in Word document, it has a number of rows and the first row has subjects inlucding: ID, Description, Priority. The following rows are actual data that I want to import into RQM as requirements.

Here is my cfg:
requirement.XLSStartRow=2
requirement.dc:title=Table(1).A
requirement.dc:description=Table(1).B

The result gave me "ID" as title which is wrong. It should have been "1001"; and the description was correct.

My question are:
1. how can I tell it to start fetching data from the second row in the table?
2. How come it only returned one row not all following rows?

permanent link
Michael Amirault (46) | answered Apr 01 '10, 9:00 a.m.

I have a table in Word document, it has a number of rows and the first row has subjects inlucding: ID, Description, Priority. The following rows are actual data that I want to import into RQM as requirements.

Here is my cfg:

The result gave me "ID" as title which is wrong. It should have been "1001"; and the description was correct.

My question are:

Hi Yaqian,

A few questions:
1) Did it only created one requirement, if not how many?
2) Are you saying that in the first requirement it took "ID" from the first row, but the description from the second row?
3) What version of the tool are you using?

permanent link
Srilatha Kolla (1111) | answered Apr 25 '11, 9:54 a.m.
I have a table in Word document, it has a number of rows each row containing Requirement title and description. When I tried using the below script , it only imported the first row. Does any one know how to tell it to import all the rows from the table?

requirement.DOCTableStartRow=2

permanent link
Yaqian Fang (2013223) | answered Apr 26 '11, 6:52 p.m.
Thanks for your reply Michael. I no longer have the case any more because I ended up using Excel Importer instead of the Word importer, as it's much easier to identify cells and rows in Excel. Thanks.

Here is my cfg:

My question are:

Hi Yaqian,

A few questions:
1) Did it only created one requirement, if not how many?
2) Are you saying that in the first requirement it took "ID" from the first row, but the description from the second row?
3) What version of the tool are you using?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.