It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JUnit testing with a Maven project in NetBeans

Pawel Dolecinski (26163) | asked Feb 19 '10, 8:27 a.m.
Hello there!

I'm running a Maven project using NetBeans which uses RTC PlainJavaClient Api. I've added it to classpath and can use it with no problems. I'm trying to run some JUnit tests. Each time I'm getting the same error. It seems as though the platform can't start during JUnit test. I get the following error:

testAddListener caused an ERROR: class "org.eclipse.core.runtime.IContributor"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

Anyone can help?

Regards,
Paweł

One answer

permanent link
Keith McMillan (2122) | answered Mar 22 '10, 8:55 a.m.
I get the following error:

testAddListener caused an ERROR: class "org.eclipse.core.runtime.IContributor"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

Greetings, Pawel

I've usually seen that message when I have two copies of a JAR on the classpath, each of which has different versions. Some classes are loaded from one JAR, and some from the other, which results in the error message you're seeing.

Since you're running JUnit, are you including a JUnit jar file on the classpath of your project, and also using the built-in Eclipse JUnit library? If so, try removing the built-in JAR (which is usually an earlier version), and see if that helps.

Keith McMillan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.