It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Export the Users to Excel sheet from RTC Web

jaya krishna (11612112) | asked Feb 03 '10, 7:35 a.m.
Hi All,

Could some one explain how to export the users to excel sheet from RTC web.

Below are the problems which i am facing when i do a manual export. Could anyone suggest me better way or fix the problem which i have in manaul process.

1. Logged in to RTC.
2. Click on User Management.
3. Click on Active Users.
4. Copy All the users in the current screen and paste it in the excel sheet.
5. Go to next page and fallow the step 4.

Problem which i am facing is if i use above steps, When i paste this in the excel archiver icon also gets displayed on top of the user. The only way of deleting is select the user and right click and delet the icon. I am finding hard deleting archiver icon for all users one by one.

Can anyone suggest better option.

Cheers,
Jay.

3 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Feb 04 '10, 10:02 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi,

what is the reason behind trying to export the users?

I tried using FireFox the reason behind what you see (the archive user) is because the browser sees the HTML I guess and therefore will get text behind icons.

With respect to your question I guess what was meant was that for exporting the users the repository tools provided with the server (repotools) provide the capability to export to CSV. This is the simplest way how to export the all the users to a CSV file.

Otherwise it is currently possible to export reports or work item queries to CSV file format. I assume you could create a report that shows the users and use that to export too.

If you feel these solutions are not appropriate for your use, you should consider writing a work item.

Thanks,

Ralph

Did you mean there is in built functionality in RTC for exporting to CSV or do you want me to use tool called repotools.

If you want me to use repotool, i am not interested as it is for a single operation. I would like ot have simple fix.

u can use repotools -exportUsers command to export the users in csv format. In addition to the user information, repotools command exports the license and group information of the users.

--- Balaji

Hi All,

Below are the problems which i am facing when i do a manual export. Could anyone suggest me better way or fix the problem which i have in manaul process.

1. Logged in to RTC.

Problem which i am facing is if i use above steps, When i paste this in the excel archiver icon also gets displayed on top of the user. The only way of deleting is select the user and right click and delet the icon. I am finding hard deleting archiver icon for all users one by one.

Cheers,
Jay.

permanent link
jaya krishna (11612112) | answered Feb 04 '10, 8:45 a.m.
Did you mean there is in built functionality in RTC for exporting to CSV or do you want me to use tool called repotools.

If you want me to use repotool, i am not interested as it is for a single operation. I would like ot have simple fix.

u can use repotools -exportUsers command to export the users in csv format. In addition to the user information, repotools command exports the license and group information of the users.

--- Balaji

Hi All,

1. Logged in to RTC.

Cheers,
Jay.

permanent link
Balaji Krish (1.8k12) | answered Feb 03 '10, 11:42 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

--- Balaji

Hi All,

1. Logged in to RTC.

Cheers,
Jay.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.