It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Query on Status field to return unresolved fails

Michael Walker (99214201157) | asked Jan 26 '10, 4:35 a.m.
When I create a query and select the Status field as a condition I see all the states for each Work Item type as well as the Unresolved and Resolved checkboxes. When I check any of the states, the query result is correct.

However, when I check Unresolved box, the query returns everything, including the records in Closed states. When I switch to "Status in not" and check Resolved, it works and returns all records not resolved. These basically are the same queries.

Where should I look to see why it's including Closed as Unresolved in my queries? Is this somewhere in the Workflow definitions?

2 answers

permanent link
Michael Walker (99214201157) | answered Feb 11 '10, 3:15 a.m.
When I create a query and select the Status field as a condition I see
all the states for each Work Item type as well as the Unresolved and
Resolved checkboxes. When I check any of the states, the query
result is correct.

However, when I check Unresolved box, the query returns everything,
including the records in Closed states. When I switch to
"Status in not" and check Resolved, it works and returns
all records not resolved. These basically are the same queries.

Where should I look to see why it's including Closed as Unresolved in
my queries? Is this somewhere in the Workflow definitions?

You can check if the states were configured for the correct state group
in the 'Workflows' section of the process configuration:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2663305/ScreenShots/2010-01-26_1522.png

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

I checked the Workflows section and and the Closed state group is selected, but they're still appearing under Unresolved. The only Work Item type that works correctly is one I created.

I created Defect 105522 because it seemed very close to resolved Defect 88253. Below is my Defect Workflow:

<configuration-data xmlns="http://com.ibm.team.workitem/workflow" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.configuration.workflow">
<workflowDefinition id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow">
<workflow description="This workflow is appropriate for defects." name="Defect Workflow" reopenActionId="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.reopen" resolveActionId="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a1" startActionId="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.confirm">
<resolution icon="processattachment:/workflow/unconfigure.gif" id="r4" name="Unreproducible"/>
<resolution icon="processattachment:/workflow/wontdo.gif" id="r3" name="Works as Designed"/>
<resolution icon="processattachment:/workflow/duplicate.gif" id="r2" name="Duplicate"/>
<resolution icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="r1" name="Fixed"/>
<resolution icon="processattachment:/workflow/red.gif" id="r0" name="Usage Error"/>
<resolution icon="processattachment:/workflow/reiterate.gif" id="r8" name="Environmental"/>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/open.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.stopWorking" name="Stop Working" state="s1"/>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/open.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.confirm" name="Open" state="s1"/>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/resolve.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a1" name="Resolve" state="s2">
<resolution id="r1"/>
<resolution id="r2"/>
<resolution id="r8"/>
<resolution id="r3"/>
<resolution id="r4"/>
</action>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/reiterate.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a2" name="Returned" state="s3">
<resolution id="r8"/>
<resolution id="r2"/>
<resolution id="r1"/>
<resolution id="r4"/>
<resolution id="r0"/>
<resolution id="r3"/>
</action>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/inprogress.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a3" name="Start Working" state="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s7"/>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/verify.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a4" name="Verify" state="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s8"/>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/reopen.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.reopen" name="Reopen" state="s6"/>
<action icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a5" name="Close" state="s2"/>
<state group="closed" icon="processattachment:/workflow/close.gif" id="s2" name="Closed" showResolution="true">
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.reopen"/>
</state>
<state group="open" icon="processattachment:/workflow/open.gif" id="s1" name="Open" showResolution="false">
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a2"/>
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a3"/>
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a4"/>
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a5"/>
</state>
<state group="open" icon="processattachment:/workflow/reopen.gif" id="s6" name="Reopened" showResolution="false">
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.a3"/>
</state>
<state group="inprogress" icon="processattachment:/workflow/reiterate.gif" id="s3" name="Returned" showResolution="true">
</state>
<state group="inprogress" icon="processattachment:/workflow/verify.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s8" name="Verify" showResolution="false">
</state>
<state group="inprogress" icon="processattachment:/workflow/inprogress.gif" id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s7" name="Working" showResolution="false">
<action id="com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.action.stopWorking"/>
</state>
</workflow>
</workflowDefinition>

permanent link
Patrick Streule (4.9k21) | answered Jan 26 '10, 9:38 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
When I create a query and select the Status field as a condition I see
all the states for each Work Item type as well as the Unresolved and
Resolved checkboxes. When I check any of the states, the query
result is correct.

However, when I check Unresolved box, the query returns everything,
including the records in Closed states. When I switch to
"Status in not" and check Resolved, it works and returns
all records not resolved. These basically are the same queries.

Where should I look to see why it's including Closed as Unresolved in
my queries? Is this somewhere in the Workflow definitions?

You can check if the states were configured for the correct state group
in the 'Workflows' section of the process configuration:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2663305/ScreenShots/2010-01-26_1522.png

--
Regards,
Patrick
Jazz Work Item Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.