It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Generate Team Invitation pre-condition follow-up

Erik anderson (38315029) | asked Jan 25 '10, 7:08 p.m.
For the "Generate Team Invitation (server)" pre-condition follow-up action "Create Initial Work Items", what is the purpose of the "Category path" dropdown (${project-area-name}, ${team-area-name}, /)?

We're using the scrum process with RTC 2.0 server.

3 answers

permanent link
Erik anderson (38315029) | answered Jan 27 '10, 4:04 p.m.
The reason I ask is because this project is generating work items with ${team-area-name} as the Filed Against category (which is not valid). Not sure how it got this way or how to fix. Any ideas out there?

permanent link
Jared Burns (4.5k29) | answered Jan 27 '10, 5:22 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The reason I ask is because this project is generating work items with ${team-area-name} as the Filed Against category (which is not valid). Not sure how it got this way or how to fix. Any ideas out there?

These variables resolve to the name of the team or project area that you're inviting members to join. There appears to be a bug in the code such that if you're inviting someone to join a project area, the ${team-name} variable doesn't resolve.

I've filed this workitem to track the problem:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/104470

permanent link
Ulf Buchner (3182213) | answered Feb 04 '10, 4:15 a.m.

These variables resolve to the name of the team or project area that you're inviting members to join. There appears to be a bug in the code such that if you're inviting someone to join a project area, the ${team-name} variable doesn't resolve.

I've filed this workitem to track the problem:
https://jazz.net/jazz/resource/itemName/com.ibm.team.workitem.WorkItem/104470

We encountered this problem as well. We use as a workaround that we remove the requirement for a work item to be filed against a category when it is created, which solves our problem.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.