It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error during upload: Read-only file system

Kelvin Ko (3632) | asked Jan 19 '10, 2:17 p.m.
Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for this. Just tried to deliver a file and got the following error message. Tired this on a few developer's workspaces but still the same. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

-Kelvin

Error during upload
Failed to upload File /FCCEJB/ejbModule/com/ibm/fccejb/component/impl/NominationComponentImpl.java
Read-only file system

5 answers

permanent link
Kelvin Ko (3632) | answered Jan 21 '10, 10:33 a.m.
The "Read-only file system" message might be coming from bad disk problem on Linux, where the OS locks up the disk when it detected something's wrong with the file system. I am reinstalling Jazz on another server and see if I can recover my repository. Thanks for your help Heather!

- Kelvin

You are saying you are seeing it on deliver. You don't mean check-in?

Can you open a work item and attach your client and server logs.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your reply. We are still running 1.0.1 I tried changing the whole workspace folder to non-read-only and tried to redeliver again, but got the same error message.

Where would I change the line delimiter of the file in RAD?
(RAD is running on windows machine. Jazz server is on Redhat linux)

Thanks again!
- Kelvin

Found out where to set the delimiter

http://www.freshblurbs.com/line-delimiters-eclipse

I have set it to None, and also made sure it's not Read-only on the file system. We still see the same error message.

permanent link
Heather Fraser-Dube (4512) | answered Jan 20 '10, 2:43 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You are saying you are seeing it on deliver. You don't mean check-in?

Can you open a work item and attach your client and server logs.

Hi Heather,

Thank you for your reply. We are still running 1.0.1 I tried changing the whole workspace folder to non-read-only and tried to redeliver again, but got the same error message.

Thanks again!
- Kelvin

I have set it to None, and also made sure it's not Read-only on the file system. We still see the same error message.

permanent link
Kelvin Ko (3632) | answered Jan 20 '10, 2:14 p.m.
Hi Heather,

Thanks again!
- Kelvin

permanent link
Kelvin Ko (3632) | answered Jan 20 '10, 1:24 p.m.
Hi Heather,

Thanks again!
- Kelvin

Hi Kelvin,

What release of RTC are you running? We did work in this area in 2.0.0.2. So if you are encountering the problem in that release, please raise us a workitem with all the details.

If you are running an earlier release, then to work around the problem, I would suggest changing either making the file not read-only and retry the check-in. Alternatively set the line delimiter of the file to NONE (I expect it is Platform right now but the delimiters in the file don't match your platform's).

- Heather

Hello all,

Just wondering if anyone has a solution for this. Just tried to deliver a file and got the following error message. Tired this on a few developer's workspaces but still the same. Any idea? Thanks in advance.

-Kelvin

Error during upload
Failed to upload File /FCCEJB/ejbModule/com/ibm/fccejb/component/impl/NominationComponentImpl.java
Read-only file system

permanent link
Heather Fraser-Dube (4512) | answered Jan 20 '10, 11:50 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Kelvin,

What release of RTC are you running? We did work in this area in 2.0.0.2. So if you are encountering the problem in that release, please raise us a workitem with all the details.

If you are running an earlier release, then to work around the problem, I would suggest changing either making the file not read-only and retry the check-in. Alternatively set the line delimiter of the file to NONE (I expect it is Platform right now but the delimiters in the file don't match your platform's).

- Heather

Hello all,

-Kelvin

Error during upload
Read-only file system

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.