It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Category values in view builder unsorted

David Moss (171156) | asked Dec 17 '09, 11:48 a.m.
Running RQM v 2.0.0.1, Build ID I20091123_1429.

When using custom categories in the view builder, the list of values is not sorted alphabetically. This makes categories with long lists of values very difficult to use.

Is there a way to get those lists to sort alphabetically?

One way to recreate:
From the Test Cases section of a test plan, click the add button. In the "Add Test Cases" dialog, open the view builder. Add a custom category which contains multiple category values.

When I do this, the list of values in that dropdown appears "unsorted" (at least, it is not sorted alphabetically, which would be useful for the users). We have a category with over 30 values, so this makes it hard to find exactly what you need.

One answer

permanent link
Frank McGrath (242162) | answered Dec 17 '09, 4:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suspect that the category values are being displayed in the order they were defined. I don't think there is a way to get them to be sorted. I think that is an oversight. I submitted enhancement request 25786 for this.

Regards,
Frank

Running RQM v 2.0.0.1, Build ID I20091123_1429.

When using custom categories in the view builder, the list of values is not sorted alphabetically. This makes categories with long lists of values very difficult to use.

Is there a way to get those lists to sort alphabetically?

One way to recreate:
From the Test Cases section of a test plan, click the add button. In the "Add Test Cases" dialog, open the view builder. Add a custom category which contains multiple category values.

When I do this, the list of values in that dropdown appears "unsorted" (at least, it is not sorted alphabetically, which would be useful for the users). We have a category with over 30 values, so this makes it hard to find exactly what you need.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.