It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Category values in view builder unsorted

David Moss (171156) | asked Dec 17 '09, 11:48 a.m.
Running RQM v 2.0.0.1, Build ID I20091123_1429.

When using custom categories in the view builder, the list of values is not sorted alphabetically. This makes categories with long lists of values very difficult to use.

Is there a way to get those lists to sort alphabetically?

One way to recreate:
From the Test Cases section of a test plan, click the add button. In the "Add Test Cases" dialog, open the view builder. Add a custom category which contains multiple category values.

When I do this, the list of values in that dropdown appears "unsorted" (at least, it is not sorted alphabetically, which would be useful for the users). We have a category with over 30 values, so this makes it hard to find exactly what you need.

One answer

permanent link
Frank McGrath (242162) | answered Dec 17 '09, 4:04 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suspect that the category values are being displayed in the order they were defined. I don't think there is a way to get them to be sorted. I think that is an oversight. I submitted enhancement request 25786 for this.

Regards,
Frank

Running RQM v 2.0.0.1, Build ID I20091123_1429.

When using custom categories in the view builder, the list of values is not sorted alphabetically. This makes categories with long lists of values very difficult to use.

Is there a way to get those lists to sort alphabetically?

One way to recreate:
From the Test Cases section of a test plan, click the add button. In the "Add Test Cases" dialog, open the view builder. Add a custom category which contains multiple category values.

When I do this, the list of values in that dropdown appears "unsorted" (at least, it is not sorted alphabetically, which would be useful for the users). We have a category with over 30 values, so this makes it hard to find exactly what you need.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.