It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Documentation on installing RTC on AIX

Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | asked Dec 17 '09, 2:56 a.m.
Hi,

I'm looking for a documentation on how to install RTC on AIX. Any documents on jazz.net or somewhere else?
Basically the question is whether I need a root access in order to install and use RTC on AIX?

kind regards,
Jakub

2 answers

permanent link
Jakub Jurkiewicz (59632) | answered Dec 21 '09, 9:30 a.m.
Yes, I'm asking about the rtc server.

Thanks for your answer!

Any other thoughts?

kind regards,
Jakub

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Dec 17 '09, 9:34 a.m.
Is it safe to assume that you're asking about the rtc server ?

Using root makes it more convenient, but I don't think it is necessary as long as the ID that runs RTC processes has write authority to at least part of the data. Some things are updated in the filesystem when the configuration is changed in the Web admin (specifically files in conf/jazz relative to the install).

Personally, I don't like installing/running as root ID due to security concerns (nothing specific, mind you, just the general idea). However, I haven't made any change from using the root user to install and run RTC server.

Hi,

I'm looking for a documentation on how to install RTC on AIX. Any documents on jazz.net or somewhere else?
Basically the question is whether I need a root access in order to install and use RTC on AIX?

kind regards,
Jakub

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.