It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

mapping custom CQ type to custom workitem type

Gary Dang (59328855) | asked Jan 22 '08, 4:49 p.m.
I am trying to figure out how to map custom CQ record type (ADT_Defect) to custom workitem type (ADT_Defect workitem type created in Jazz). RIght now, when Jazz creates the workitem, it is of type "defect"

4 answers

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Jan 22 '08, 4:56 p.m.
I added addition property mapping entry to map type to record type and that seems to work. But I did a straight copy (no transformation). Is that the correct way to do it?

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 22 '08, 9:08 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Gary,

You can do a straight copy if the value of the work item type id is the same as the record type. If they are not, you can use a value mapping of one value to transform the value. For example, if you have a ReadyForShipping record type and you want to map it to the com.ibm.team.workitem.extension.workItemType.rfs work item type, you would add the following property mapping to your sync rule:

<propertyMapping>
<externalPropertyName>record_type</externalPropertyName>
<itemPropertyName>Type</itemPropertyName>
<incoming>true</incoming>
<outgoing>false</outgoing>
<itemIdentifier>false</itemIdentifier>
<externalIdentifier>false</externalIdentifier>
<requiredItemProperties></requiredItemProperties>
<requiredExternalProperties></requiredExternalProperties>
<valueMappings>
<valueMapping>
<externalValue>ReadyForShipping</externalValue>
<itemValue>com.ibm.team.workitem.extension.workItemType.rfs</itemValue>
<defaultExternalValue>false</defaultExternalValue>
<defaultItemValue>false</defaultItemValue>
</valueMapping>
</valueMappings>
</propertyMapping>

permanent link
Gary Dang (59328855) | answered Jan 22 '08, 10:43 p.m.
In your example, I assume you had to add "rfs" workitem type first in the process specification first before you can reference it in the value mapping?

For me, since it would be easier for the user to see the same type name in both CQ and Jazz, I went ahead and created new workitem type in the process spec and used straight copy in the rule.

permanent link
Lorelei Ngooi (1.5k22) | answered Jan 23 '08, 9:28 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Yes, I had the rfs workitem type declared in the process spec. It's one of the work item types in the Eclipse Way process.

Lorelei
ClearQuest Connector Team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.