It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] RTC SCM : Changeset of others in my Outgoing changes ? Why did this happen

Shwetha G (112) | asked Aug 03 '23, 7:00 a.m.
closed Aug 09 '23, 2:21 p.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646)

hi Team,

We have a scenario wherein when a component is replaced in a stream, I get the changesets of others in my Outgoing changes.

How does this happen ? Why will I get the changes for others in my outgoing changes in the pending changes view.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "The question is answered, right answer was accepted" by rschoon Aug 09 '23, 2:21 p.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Aug 03 '23, 7:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 03 '23, 7:21 a.m.

This is (likely) an EWM question, has nothing at all to do with extending, Jazz-foundation. Please fix the tagging.

Your repository workspace contains all changes to data in the component to a point. That obviously includes change sets from any author that contributed to the configuration. If you replace the component in a stream with another component baseline that does not contain change sets that are in your repository workspace that flows with that stream, you would have to expect outgoing changes from all these authors, and not just yourself. This is also normal work for users that integrate changes between different streams.

Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Shwetha G commented Aug 04 '23, 12:38 a.m.

Thanks for the response Ralph.

Once we get the outgoing changes of others in my workspace, what has to be done ?
1. Should I deliver others changes ?
2. Should I discard the changes as it was already delivered by others ?
3. What other option i should use ?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 04 '23, 1:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You might want to talk to one of your peers that has more SCM experience and discuss your situation. There is no way for me to understand why your team rebased the stream in the first place and what they want to accomplish. 

One other answer

permanent link
Arun K Sriramaiah (3.2k13477) | answered Aug 09 '23, 8:55 a.m.

Hi Shewtha,

In addition to Ralph's comment.

What is the reason for replacing the component ?

Please find the reason and action for your below questions.

Once we get the outgoing changes of others in my workspace, what has to be done?
1. Should I deliver other changes?
 < If you still want your changes to be in the stream you had to deliver, its the developer's decision >
2. Should I discard the changes as it was already delivered by others?
 < The changes that you delivered will not be there in the component baseline you had replaced, get in your workspace but not in the stream If you need the code to deliver the change set >
3. What other option i should use? 
< Applicable Option 1 and 2 based on your decision)

Regards,
Arun