It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Efficient exporting of test scripts in RQM

Drew Cobb (10132015) | asked Dec 11 '09, 2:11 p.m.
We want to export out test scripts for individuals on other teams to review. It appears the only format to do this in is to export the scripts to a .pdf file. This is not going to be feasible if you want the other team to review a large number of test scripts (say around 400-500 test scripts), because when you export the test scripts, it shows each and every step of the script. The pdf is literally just a printout of the entire set of test scripts. How are others handling the exporting of test scripts so that they can be reviewed by other teams / individuals? Thanks.

11 answers

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Dec 11 '09, 2:43 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,
It might help to better understand your use case.
You want to export scripts for review, but don't want to review the script content. What exactly are you trying to review? What data is interesting to you?
In addition to PDF, you might want to look into reports to see if you can generate a report with the data that you would like to review.

There is always the public RSS feeds for Test Scripts and the REST API as well, but that format (XML) is not particularly good for human consumption.

Regards,
John

We want to export out test scripts for individuals on other teams to review. It appears the only format to do this in is to export the scripts to a .pdf file. This is not going to be feasible if you want the other team to review a large number of test scripts (say around 400-500 test scripts), because when you export the test scripts, it shows each and every step of the script. The pdf is literally just a printout of the entire set of test scripts. How are others handling the exporting of test scripts so that they can be reviewed by other teams / individuals? Thanks.

permanent link
Drew Cobb (10132015) | answered Dec 11 '09, 2:56 p.m.
Hello,
You want to export scripts for review, but don't want to review the script content. What exactly are you trying to review? What data is interesting to you?
In addition to PDF, you might want to look into reports to see if you can generate a report with the data that you would like to review.

There is always the public RSS feeds for Test Scripts and the REST API as well, but that format (XML) is not particularly good for human consumption.

Regards,
John

Thanks John. A good example would be an excel file with 400 test scripts, each script with several steps. When you receive this file, you can manipulate (expand / contract) the cells in order to review the scripts. But if you wish, when you are done, you can minimize or sort of condense the cells in order to minimize the scripts. What we may consider doing, is to use the RQMExcelWordImporter tool. This would allow us to continue to write the test scripts in excel AND to send them out for review. Upon a final ok, we could then import them in using this tool. So, I am in the process of looking at this tool. Thanks again

permanent link
Erik Bryant (2365) | answered Jan 21 '10, 9:47 p.m.
I am looking to migrate select test scripts from RQM v1 to RQM v2. Our department is splitting and so we are trying to split the appropriate test scripts to migrate to new v2 servers. As such we do not want to make two full copies of everything. We want to selectively migrate test scripts appropriate for the projects in each new department. Is there a utility that will allow this isolated migration? We really only care about the test scripts since that is the real meat of the data to be carried forward.

permanent link
Max Parker (1111) | answered Feb 04 '10, 10:41 a.m.
I have a similar problem. Manual testing is performed at sea with no direct connection to the RQM project possible. I would like to export manual tests to XL, complete them and then import the 'results' as TER's using the Excel Importer tool.

Any way?

permanent link
John Nason (2.4k1012) | answered Feb 04 '10, 10:54 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Are you moving to two new servers or two project areas on the same server?
Unfortunately RQM 1.X does not lend itself well to the type of migration that you want to do.
If you are willing to upgrade your RQM 1.X server to 2.0+, you can use the RQMCopyUtility to copy your Test Scripts from one server/project area to another.
Better yet, if you can wait a month then RQM 2.0.1 includes built-in duplicate functionality. That allows you to copy a Test Script to another project area (but NOT another server).

Regards,
John

I am looking to migrate select test scripts from RQM v1 to RQM v2. Our department is splitting and so we are trying to split the appropriate test scripts to migrate to new v2 servers. As such we do not want to make two full copies of everything. We want to selectively migrate test scripts appropriate for the projects in each new department. Is there a utility that will allow this isolated migration? We really only care about the test scripts since that is the real meat of the data to be carried forward.

permanent link
Erik Bryant (2365) | answered Feb 04 '10, 2:45 p.m.
We are actually moving to 2 new servers since the new teams will be reporting to different organizations. I thought about trying to use a v2 intermediary but then hit a different issue where I could not extract my v1 data. I have not heard back on that error yet.

permanent link
Mike Yalter (11611) | answered Mar 18 '10, 9:56 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hello,

Regards,
John

Thanks John. A good example would be an excel file with 400 test scripts, each script with several steps. When you receive this file, you can manipulate (expand / contract) the cells in order to review the scripts. But if you wish, when you are done, you can minimize or sort of condense the cells in order to minimize the scripts. What we may consider doing, is to use the RQMExcelWordImporter tool. This would allow us to continue to write the test scripts in excel AND to send them out for review. Upon a final ok, we could then import them in using this tool. So, I am in the process of looking at this tool. Thanks again

Hi,
RQM doesn't support exporting to Excel.
You can, however, get an Atom feed of all of the scripts, and might be able to see different data depending on your feed reader.
You can get the feed from the following url:

https://yourserver.yourdomain.com:9443/jazz/secure/service/com.ibm.rqm.integration.service.IIntegrationService/resources/Your+Project+Alias/testscript

If you go there in your browser, you can save that feed as a file to be opened by another tool.
I'm afraid I don't have a suggestion as to what other tool you could use, but that'll get you a list of the testscripts along with their content.

It will get you a list of all of the scripts within the project alias you specify in the URL.

permanent link
Forrest Xia (1622) | answered Mar 26 '10, 7:55 a.m.
Hi All,

I want to get a report about what test cases has generated TER in a test plan, what does not?

I've tried all existing reports, but no lucky to find one to meet my requirement.

Please help me out of this, thank you!

permanent link
Mary Baker (11) | answered Sep 08 '11, 5:17 p.m.
Hi All,

I want to get a report about what test cases has generated TER in a test plan, what does not?

I've tried all existing reports, but no lucky to find one to meet my requirement.

Did you every find an answer for this? I am currently looking for the same solution.

Thanks

permanent link
Peter Haumer (2.2k12019) | answered Sep 12 '11, 4:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I am not sure I understand the question. A TER is linked to exactly one
test case and to zero or exactly one test plan. So, if you run the TER
Listing report you can select the Test Plan filter and see all the TERs
of the selected plan with their Test Cases.

Hope this helps,
Peter.

On 9/8/2011 3:23 PM, bakerm1 wrote:
forrestxmwrote:
Hi All,

I want to get a report about what test cases has generated TER in a
test plan, what does not?

I've tried all existing reports, but no lucky to find one to meet my
requirement.

Did you every find an answer for this? I am currently looking for the
same solution.

Thanks

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.