It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to list and modify test cases with no results

Jorge Zingg (213) | asked May 26 '23, 4:35 a.m.

Hi,

I need to do some cleanup in ETM. We have very old tests which have never been executed (but might be part of test plans) or have not been executed since a long time. How can I list these test cases and do a bulk update (for example put them to "retired"). I would expect this to be an easy task, but it does not seem to be supported by the tool.

2 answers

permanent link
Sudarshan M (107121) | answered May 29 '23, 6:44 a.m.

If test cases are in a testplan, you can go to test case section and then check with TCER count, if they are 0, obviously none of them was executed before.

If you go to TCER section of the test plan, you can check "Last Result" to see not executed TCER. And from Last Modified you may know which ones are not executed for a long time.

If you select multiple test cases, you can update the State in a bulk way.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 29 '23, 12:35 a.m.
If test cases are in a testplan, you can go to test case section and then check with TCER count, if they are 0, obviously none of them was executed before.
If you go to TCER section of the test plan, you can check "Last Result" to see not executed TCER. And from Last Modified you may know which ones are not executed for a long time.

If you select multiple test cases, you can update the State in a bulk way.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.