It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What does different prefix means in RRC API

Rajat Krishnan (70116) | asked May 25 '23, 6:59 a.m.
Hello,
I am currently using diff api inorder to compare 2 local RM Baseline as shown below

Now if you see under <rrm:about></rrm:about> under   </ds:artifact>
there are some uri with below prefix
CA_669b675ab79d4dab894ed4b4f157c5b5
TX_669b675ab79d4dab894ed4b4f157c5b5
MB_669b675ab79d4dab894ed4b4f157c5b5

Now i want to understand what is meaning of MB,TX, or any other prefix which comes as part of response, do we have any documentation for same?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered May 25 '23, 8:50 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 25 '23, 8:52 a.m.

Hi

These are called "slugs".

IMPORTANT: slugs are NOT part of the public API of DOORS Next which means you should NOT rely on a particular slug always being present for a certain class of artifacts - for example slugs have changed from 6.x to 7.x but are deliberately (for e.g. backward compatibility) not modified during upgrade.

To find out what the resource is do a GET on its URI and work this out from its properties.

Or, to get known type(s) of artifacts using OSLC query for that specific artifact type(s).

HTH
Ian

Comments
Rajat Krishnan commented May 26 '23, 1:09 a.m. | edited May 26 '23, 1:29 a.m.
Hello Ian,
it is given by IBM to compare 2 configuration,in my case i am comparing 2 local baseline of DNG
Plus i believe the item ID and about URL of an artifact shall be uniform not sure incase i want to get changed resource of changeset how can we rely on slugs?

Thank you

Ian Barnard commented May 30 '23, 6:58 a.m. | edited May 30 '23, 9:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes the URI containing the slug is some of the data that you get from DOORS Next, but you CAN'T rely that all instances of a certain type of thing always have the same slug. So DON'T USE THE SLUG to guess what something is; you'd be guessing which is generally not a good idea because guesses can be wrong. Is that clear enough? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.