It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Next 7.0.2 Scalability and Performance

Mrinmayee Wankhade (11) | asked May 23 '23, 2:30 a.m.
edited May 23 '23, 3:12 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

Okay
Thank you for the confirmation.

I have the below theoretical questions on DNG:
1. What are the maximum number of artifacts supported in DNG in 7.0.2?
2. Is it project specific or user specific or server specific? 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '23, 3:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

These questions are not typical support questions. This are more forum questions. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '23, 3:24 a.m.

Please have a look at the deployment Wiki. There is obviously no trivial answer to these questions. The number of artifacts has implications for performance. The performance is impacted by server topology and resources.

Here the performance test results for the various versions:

As far as I am aware the artifact sizing is independent of a project area and number of users. However there might be effects on performance, if many all artifacts are 
owned by one project area. For example searches could be slower when they select a huge amount of data. The number of users is likely not contributing, but the number of concurrent users that use the system at the moment does.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '23, 4:32 a.m.

Mrinmayee Wankhade commented May 23 '23, 5:08 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

According to what I read "DNG supports for up to 20 million artifacts on Oracle (10 million on DB2)" in the below link: link https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RequirementsManagement70Performance 

Is that right?

Ralph Schoon commented May 23 '23, 5:20 a.m.

I am at a loss, why you ask me for confirmation. For all I can tell, the wiki page states these number(s) in the Introduction section. It is repeated in the section https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/RequirementsManagement70Performance#DataLimits and there are more specifics on other sizes as well, including project area related.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.