It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Creating components from other base line and renaming it, not affecting source component

Pradeep Yaramati (11) | asked May 23 '23, 1:09 a.m.
Hi,

I am using 6061 version of CLM. And we are in middle of upgrade to 702, but I need to understand the below process:

Below issue is observed in Architecture Module. We created a new stream "Single_Temp" in project area "AM Project Area (AM)". Components were added from baselines from other stream. If I modify the component name in newly created stream, it is impacting the name in other stream. I need to maintain different name in newly created stream and other stream from where the component Baseline was take. Request to support on this component name conflict issue

Thanks & Regards,
Pradeep

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 23 '23, 2:14 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As far as I can tell, this works as designed. A component is a container for item versions and contains all histories of the versioned items. Component can be added to streams, selecting a configuration of versions of artifacts (e.g. a selected baseline). The component itself is the same for all streams that have it. If you rename it, it keeps a consistent name everywhere.

Comments
Pradeep Yaramati commented May 23 '23, 2:47 a.m.

Is there a way just to copy component and reuse it independently? Without affecting the source component properties?

I am looking to copy component from one project/stream to another and use this component as new one. Like copy paste, update the new component as per requirement. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.