It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rest/OSLC APIs to update artifact type in DNG

KT PD (597) | asked May 22 '23, 2:53 a.m.

Hi team,

We are working on 7.0.2 SR1. After change set delivery from one stream to another, we are unable to find the artifact type field values.
Can anyone help me on how to update artifact type value in DNG using Rest or OSLC APIs

Thanks

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 22 '23, 3:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This question does not make any sense to me. 

Ian Barnard commented May 22 '23, 5:57 a.m.

It does make sense for DNG, but I don't think it's possible.

Ralph Schoon commented May 22 '23, 6:38 a.m.

If an artifact has an artifact type before delivery in a stream and does not after delivery in the other stream, would that be a valid support request? The type system should be on the component, right?

Ian Barnard commented May 22 '23, 8:27 a.m. | edited May 22 '23, 8:31 a.m.
Changing the type of an artifact isn't itself a change of the type system.

In DOORS Next the type system is versioned in the stream along with the artifacts. Changes to the type system are also delivered between streams just like edit to artifacts. It's possible to break things since we provided the ability to not always deliver dependent changesets, making it the responsibility of the client not to shoot themselves in the foot by not delivering typesystem changes.

Changing the type of an artifact is handled in the UI, but not AFAIK exposed in the APIs.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.