It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to get response for few modules in rm

Aswini Solleti (111) | asked May 08 '23, 3:56 a.m.

Hi 

I am trying to read data from Engineering Requirements Management Doors Next (rm) from a .net application. I am using the below url format for reading the response in xml
I am getting empty response from the above url. I have multiple resourceURI's and able to get data for them. Not getting data only for above URI.
I have taken the above resourceURI from the below url from the browser for that specific module

Can you please help me why is it working only for few modules and why not for others. Also is there any way of retrieving data other than resourceURI in the url?

Thanks

Comments
Michael Rowe commented May 08 '23, 9:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR

I am not sure what the issue is; but I noticed that the dns of the url is different between your two examples above, one is saviourier.com (which does not work) and saviour.com (which does work). 

Aswini Solleti commented May 08 '23, 9:10 a.m.

It's my typo mistake. but both are the same 

Ralph Schoon commented May 09 '23, 1:22 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

IO would consider to play with the filters, try to find out which one filters it away and go from there. 

Ian Barnard commented May 09 '23, 3:55 a.m.

Please edit the version and ifix you're using into your question and ALWAYS provide these in future questions.

Aswini Solleti commented May 09 '23, 4:08 a.m.

@Ralph Schoon Can you please be specific on which filters to use.

Ralph Schoon commented May 09 '23, 5:16 a.m.

You have more than one condition in your query, leave one out in query1 leave two out in query2,..... check if there is a condition that excludes too many results. Go from there.  

Ian has deeper knowledge, follow his advice. 

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

One answer

permanent link
Ian Barnard (1.9k613) | answered May 09 '23, 4:13 a.m.
edited May 10 '23, 3:16 a.m.

Hi

There are a couple of possibilities for why this might not be working:

1. You don't appear to be specifying a configuration in your URL - if you don't provide a configuration then DOORS Next uses the default configuration which is the Initial Stream. As you're getting response on some resources these are present in the initial stream (although they may be different content from that artifact in the configuration you're really interested in), but perhaps the other artifacts where you don't get anything aren't present in the initial stream.

Provide a configuration in the url by adding another query parameter &oslc_config.context= tfollowed by the url-encoded configuration url.

For example:
FYI when I tried this URL I found I didn't need to include the projectName parameter, as you cna see above.

2. The resource uri you're using B_AJbqs1ifGJDqFFtVHclOQg doesn't look correct - I'd expect a module binding to start BI_ so please double-check what you're showing is correct. You seem to indicate you 'derived' that URI from the module URI MDB_AJbqs1ifGJDqFFtVHclOQg - but that doesn't look valid either because I'd expect the module to start MD_ - and please note the MD_ (or BI_) is part of the URI so shouldn't be removed.

I tried creating a publish URL using a module itself using share link to artifact (notice the MD_ start of the URI)
Using this and the configuration the publish URL is
Also note you mustn't 'derive' or modify URIs apart from splitting them from the full resource URL - modification is not needed you should use them as you see them unmodified. If something is going wrong with that then there's a different problem.

HTH
Ian

Comments
Aswini Solleti commented May 11 '23, 12:19 a.m.

Hi Ian Barnard .

Thanks for your response.
Can you please let me know what exactly needs to be used in  oslc_config.context. If i use the same value as your example along with my resource URI , i am getting 404 error.

Ian Barnard commented May 11 '23, 6:51 a.m.

Not surprising my configuration URL doesn't work on your server! For example this is seen when you share a link to an artifact, like in my first example URL in my answer.

The configuration URL is url-encoded in the share link; decoded my example is: https://jazz.ibm.com:9443/rm/cm/stream/_tmYfMFEhEe2d5dG-54qhbg

So you can get your config URL manually using a share link to artifact.

When you include your own configuration URL in the Reportable REST API URL it must be url-encoded.

Aswini Solleti commented May 22 '23, 4:01 a.m.

Hi Ian,

I have taken Shared link of one module which i want to read from which looks below

From the shared link i have taken oslc_config.context component and added to url along with resourceURI
Tried Below.. but getting empty response

>If i take Shared link as direct url to call the api, it is giving 403 forbidden 

Can you please help me in resolving this issue. As i am stuck with this from many days and unable to resolve it.

Ian Barnard commented May 22 '23, 5:56 a.m.
I don't understand - the resource URI and configuration URL are both different in your examples.

Ian Barnard commented May 22 '23, 8:24 a.m. | edited May 22 '23, 8:25 a.m.

The shared link should work as a GET as long as you provide header OSLC-Core-Version: 2.0 - in a logged-in browser tab you can't provide that header and the artifact will open as though you've browsed to it.

If you get a 403 then there's likely a problem with your code not having authenticated. Suggest you use a browser REST client in a logged-in browser and try the GET there; make sure this works before then resolving the authentication problem in your code.

Ian Barnard commented May 22 '23, 8:24 a.m.

If your shared link is correct then I'd expect the reportable rest URL to be:

This should work in a browser tab of a logged-in browser, i.e. no additional headers needed.

Note there's no need to specify the projectName - if it suddenly works without projectName then the problem might have been that the artifact isn't in fact in that project.

Ian Barnard commented May 22 '23, 8:34 a.m.

What version+ifix are you using?

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.