It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to extract the contents of an excel sheet from EWM?

Prasad Barude (132) | asked Mar 23 '23, 6:10 a.m.

I want to extract some contents from already checkedin excel sheet in EWM.

Do I have to download and extract the contents? or is it even possible to download an item from EWM using OSLC?

Comments
David Honey commented Mar 23 '23, 7:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Have you looked at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding and the EWM API pages it links to?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 23 '23, 7:41 a.m.
edited Mar 23 '23, 7:43 a.m.

For EWM Jazz SCM, a checked in Excel sheet is a binary. Period. EWM does not care for the content.

You can use the available clients, APIs, SDK, whatever, to download such a binary. Once you have downloaded the Excel sheet, you can use whatever capabilities, client, Excel, APIs or whatever to do something with it.  

CSV or Excel is sometimes used to transport change management data. There are CSV export/import capabilities in EWM or outside of it. You can use whatever libraries or APIs or SDKs you like to implement something on your own.

Comments
Prasad Barude commented Apr 25 '23, 9:43 a.m.

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for the answer.
However, do you know how to download a file in EWM using OSLC query?

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 25 '23, 10:29 a.m.

What file, where in EWM? As far as I am aware, you can not download a file using OSLC. Files in SCM can be retrieved using the scm command line, or the plain java client libraries.
Files attached to work items can be downloaded using the plain java client libraries, e.g. the work item command line ( https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line ) does this. 

Prasad Barude commented May 22 '23, 3:00 a.m.

Thanks for the info

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.