It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Other DNG components can not be seen while linking to DNG artifact from RTC work item

Vikrant-S Kamble (111) | asked Mar 10 '23, 6:52 a.m.

We are using CLM 6.0.6.1. There is RTC project and DNG project. DNG project is enabled for configuration management. Global configuration is configured for DNG streams and same is mapped with releases in RTC project. When I try to link RTC story with DNG artifact it does not show me desired DNG component in which my artifact exist.

In DNG project there are 13 components but while trying to link to DNG artifact from RTC story I see only one DNG component and can not see the component in which my artifact exists. Also while making link a drop down button where I should be able to select different component is disabled. 
Is this a default behaviour or am I missing something fundamental?

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Mar 10 '23, 9:41 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In 6.x, you need to have the release that is associated with the specific work item relationships associated with the exact global configuration you are using as the context. Look at the Configuration Management - OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping tab for your EWM project area. For example:

That will tell you for each relationship type, how EWM determines the EWM release associated with that relationship. For each such EWM release, you will need to associate it with exactly one global configuration - one that matches the context you want to use.

Please note that CLM 6.0.6.1 went out of service 2022-10-31 as described in https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/collaborative-lifecycle-management-end-support-dates-60x. It is no longer being remediated for security vulnerabilities. I recommend you upgrade to a supported release such as 7.0.2.

Note that the design in this area changed in 7.0.2. See https://jazz.net/library/article/96597 for details.

Comments
Vikrant-S Kamble commented Mar 10 '23, 10:06 a.m. | edited Mar 10 '23, 10:06 a.m.

Configuration Management - OSLC Link/Attribute Mapping On this page in my environment link relationship uses planned for attribute. In my scenario I am using "Implements Requirement" link type which also uses planned for attribute. In the "Releases" tab correct GC is mapped. I can not upload screenshots because of not having enough credits.

David Honey commented Mar 10 '23, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I recommend that you submit a ticket with Rational Technical Support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.