It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In the Report Builder , Is it possible to use 'Attachments' as a condition and able to use this as a column in report

Akash Kaanholkar (153) | asked Jan 15 '23, 11:25 p.m.

I have a requirement to gather the data for stories which is having particular attachments in 'Attachments' attribute.

So for this i am trying to apply the condition over 'Attachments' , but sadly it is not coming .
As well as the I am not able to use 'Attachments' column in report .

So my question is whether  this 'Attachments' attribute is present in report building for applying condition and using that as a column in report building or not ???

If anyone having solution over this please let me know.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 16 '23, 3:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Attachments is a collection and not an attribute. Report Builder does not handle attachments as artificial attribute either. So, for all I know, it is not possible to do what you want to do.

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Jan 16 '23, 4:18 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jan 16 '23, 6:30 a.m.
I assume (but it was not explicitly stated) that you are using Report Builder against LQE rather than Data Warehouse.

While EWM does publish links to attachments, and its published OSLC resource shape includes an OSLC property for http://jazz.net/xmlns/prod/jazz/rtc/cm/1.0/com.ibm.team.workitem.linktype.attachment.attachment, EWM intentionally does not publish the attachments themselves in its tracked resource set. I think it's for that reason that in Report Builder, the property for attachments is hidden, and this is why you cannot select it from the Report Builder UI, and also cannot reference it in a custom expression.

If the requirement is to merely test for the presence of attachments on a task or other EWM specific type, in theory one could write custom SPARQL for this. However, I suggest you don't do that unless you have a very strong reason to justify it. Once you customize the SPARQL, you have to maintain it yourself, and you can no longer edit the report query using the UI apart from manually editing that custom SPARQL.

If the requirement is to test for attachments of specific names or types, then that is not possible because there is no data about such attachments indexed in LQE.

Feel free to submit an RFE through the IBM Ideas portal - see https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/welcome-ibm-ideas-portal.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.