It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Locked artifact does not show lock symbol

Vikrant-S Kamble (111) | asked Jan 12 '23, 5:52 a.m.

ELM version 6.0.6.1. I have created a personal view in DNG module with filter to show only locked artifacts in the module. This view shows me artifacts but lock icon is not displayed for those artifacts.

I am unable to deliver my change set because while delivering change set I get the error as some artifacts are locked in target stream.
I think it is because of these locked artifacts I can not deliver change to the stream because these artifacts are locked in stream. However I can not unlock these artifacts even with Jazz Admin role.
There is no option to unlock the artifact in the context menu, if different user locks these artifact and unlocks again even then these artifacts are displayed as locked artifact but with no lock icon.
Can someone please help me understand whats going on here and how can I unlock these artifacts.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jan 12 '23, 8:26 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest you look up the documentation and read up on the JazzAdmin repository role. 

Just because you have the JazzAdmin repository role does not give you any permissions in any of the project areas. All operations are guarded by permissions and you will have to have a role in a project area to perform such guarded operation. Being JazzAdmin only allows you to give yourself a role, create and modify roles and change permissions on roles.

Locks have a set of permissions that guard them 

Modify Locks
* Manually Lock Artifacts
* Override locks

To override locks set by others you have to have a role that has at least the Override locks permission.

In a view that shows artifacts that are locked by any user, you should see the lock symbol in the first column. Without the permissions set correctly, right clicking the edit symbol would show the unlock operation grayed out for requirements locked by other users. If you have the correct permission, the unlock becomes active and you can perform it.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '23, 9:12 a.m.

If you have created a view that shows all artefacts locked by any user, you should see the lock status as symbol. I do. If you don't it might be some issue with your project area. You can try to approach support. But I think 6.0.6.1 is out of support.  

This is a view where a user with all the permissions granted displays the requirements locked by any user. The permissions grant to override the lock to unlock.

Vikrant-S Kamble commented Jan 12 '23, 10:21 a.m. | edited Jan 12 '23, 10:23 a.m.

I had done all above steps before posting question on jazz.net. On further investigation I got to know that the issue may have occurred where I dont see lock icon for locked artifacts because user IDs of user were changed.

The user who locked these artifacts was having some user id which was changed to something else as part of user id migration operation performed on our server. The old id of the user can not be found anymore hence view shows list of artifacts but no lock icon. The issue may be solved after re-indexing of database.
Will post an update here if issue resolves after re-indexing of databases

Ralph Schoon commented Jan 12 '23, 10:25 a.m.

I wrote about user id changing in https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2012/10/12/changing-the-jazz-user-id-using-the-rtc-plain-java-client-libraries/ 

And I added that in DNG this is not supported. I was provided with this link: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/workarounds-modifying-user-id-clm . For whatever reason the page does not come up. If it does not change I am not sure what to do. This would be something support would be needed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.