It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Move Bulk Work Items Betwee Project Areas

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | asked Dec 09 '09, 9:33 a.m.
I tried to enable the Move/Copy Work Items to Project Areas for selected multiple work items from a query display.

Following the link https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

I've tried on my RTC 2.0 client installation from the zip file but had the same issue as below.

I then installed RTC 2.0 client on my existing 3.4.2 Eclipse at C:\Program Files\eclipse. Then I downloaded the patch.zip from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

And copy the plugin into the following folder:
C:\Program Files\eclipse\dropins\com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_2.0.0.I200905141739.jar
C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_2.0.0.I200905141739.jar

I have to rename the original 2.0 rcp_ui plugin (com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_2.0.0.I200906081319.jar) to get the BulkMoveWorkItem picked up and show up in the runtime Plugin Registry.

But as soon as the BulkMoveWorkItem plugin is picked up, I can't run, edit and create any query anymore because of a loading error:
An internal error occurred during: "Loading".
com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;

But I need to select multiple work items from the query output. Run exiting query doesn't cause anything happing. Create or edit new query will give loading error.

Here are what in the log when I tried to edit an existing query but failed to load it. and it seems to me that there is a mismatch between the plugin's build env and the 2.0 runtime env.

I noticed the plugin was built for RTC 2.0 RC1. Is it matters or it is necesary to build the plugin again in an env. matching the RTC 2.0 client build and release? Or you have some other ways to solve this issue?

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui 4 0 2009-12-09 09:09:19.578
!MESSAGE Could not resolve attributes
!STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:421)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow$1.run(ApplicationWindow.java:758)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow.run(ApplicationWindow.java:755)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2487)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager.initAttributeColumnFactory(AttributeColumnManager.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager.getAttributeColumns(AttributeColumnManager.java:42)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.updateColumns(WorkItemViewer.java:465)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.setInput(WorkItemViewer.java:318)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer.show(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:506)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.WorkItemExplorer2.show(WorkItemExplorer2.java:634)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer$InputResolver.runInUI(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:307)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.UIUpdateManager$ForegroundJob.runProtectedInUI(UIUpdateManager.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.LoggingUIJob.runInUIThread(LoggingUIJob.java:71)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.resolve(AttributeColumnFactory.java:53)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.getInstance(AttributeColumnFactory.java:46)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager$1.run(AttributeColumnManager.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Root exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.resolve(AttributeColumnFactory.java:53)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.getInstance(AttributeColumnFactory.java:46)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager$1.run(AttributeColumnManager.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.jface 4 0 2009-12-09 09:09:19.578
!MESSAGE Exception running 'Loading query'
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager.getAttributeColumns(AttributeColumnManager.java:45)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.updateColumns(WorkItemViewer.java:465)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.setInput(WorkItemViewer.java:318)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer.show(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:506)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.WorkItemExplorer2.show(WorkItemExplorer2.java:634)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer$InputResolver.runInUI(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:307)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.UIUpdateManager$ForegroundJob.runProtectedInUI(UIUpdateManager.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.LoggingUIJob.runInUIThread(LoggingUIJob.java:71)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-12-09 09:09:26.453
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Loading".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.queryeditor.QueryEditorInputFuture.findColumnAttributes(QueryEditorInputFuture.java:138)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.queryeditor.QueryEditorInputFuture.constructEditorInput(QueryEditorInputFuture.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.queryeditor.AbstractItemEditorInputFuture$1.runProtected(AbstractItemEditorInputFuture.java:85)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Accepted answer

31 other answers

permanent link
pascal dehaies (1) | answered Aug 29 '12, 11:20 a.m.
Our RTC version: 4.0

We replaced files:
  • com.ibm.team.workitem.common_3.1.0.v20120510_2207.jar
  • com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_3.1.0.v20120510_2207.jar
in the RTC Eclipse client (we answer OK at the warning message)

But the menu "Copy/move" is still disable

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 29 '12, 11:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As already suggested above, the best way is to use a zip version of the client. Install a special version for this. Then locate the files you want to replace and paste the replace files in that folder. The IM version might have the files in different locations e.g. the shared location.

Once you restart this Eclipse the bulk work item move should be available if you select multiple work items.

You can start Eclipse with -clean but if it is still not available you have potentially only overwritten one file or something else went wrong. I have tried that and it works for me.

permanent link
pascal dehaies (1) | answered Aug 29 '12, 11:58 a.m.
Yes, it work !

The -clean option make the copy/move feature available

Thanks a lot for your help.

permanent link
Karl Bekkou (323) | answered Sep 18 '12, 11:07 a.m.
Hello There,

We are using this non PROD plugin to move our work items from projects to others.
When we do select a small amount of WI everthing is ok.
When we do select a important number of work item like 100, or 200 or 300 we do have error "Error running operation 'DependencyHAndler'. Inside the Error eclipse log we do also have this error message : "Long-running operations prohibited on this thread"

Any one can help ?

Many thanks.

Best regards.

Karl

permanent link
Karl Bekkou (323) | answered Sep 18 '12, 11:21 a.m.
Also, would it be possible to follow the progress of the move in eclipse ?

permanent link
VK L (8177155159) | answered Sep 24 '12, 11:49 p.m.
Hi Karl,
             As per my understanding, there's a limit on the number of workitems that can be moved using this plugin - I read it as 45 in a related post.

As for the progress of the move, would be possible if some debugging statements are put inside the plugin code.

Thanks.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 28 '13, 11:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
v3.0 : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC3
v4.0 : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC4

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 28 '13, 11:49 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
v3.0 : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC3
v4.0 : https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreasInRTC4

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Mar 28 '13, 2:52 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

permanent link
praveen patidar (8613344) | answered Aug 02 '15, 11:57 p.m.
 Anway to get the plugin for RTC 502 client as well ? 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.