It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Move Bulk Work Items Betwee Project Areas

Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | asked Dec 09 '09, 9:33 a.m.
I tried to enable the Move/Copy Work Items to Project Areas for selected multiple work items from a query display.

Following the link https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

I've tried on my RTC 2.0 client installation from the zip file but had the same issue as below.

I then installed RTC 2.0 client on my existing 3.4.2 Eclipse at C:\Program Files\eclipse. Then I downloaded the patch.zip from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

And copy the plugin into the following folder:
C:\Program Files\eclipse\dropins\com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_2.0.0.I200905141739.jar
C:\Program Files\IBM\IBMIMShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_2.0.0.I200905141739.jar

I have to rename the original 2.0 rcp_ui plugin (com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui_2.0.0.I200906081319.jar) to get the BulkMoveWorkItem picked up and show up in the runtime Plugin Registry.

But as soon as the BulkMoveWorkItem plugin is picked up, I can't run, edit and create any query anymore because of a loading error:
An internal error occurred during: "Loading".
com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;

But I need to select multiple work items from the query output. Run exiting query doesn't cause anything happing. Create or edit new query will give loading error.

Here are what in the log when I tried to edit an existing query but failed to load it. and it seems to me that there is a mismatch between the plugin's build env and the 2.0 runtime env.

I noticed the plugin was built for RTC 2.0 RC1. Is it matters or it is necesary to build the plugin again in an env. matching the RTC 2.0 client build and release? Or you have some other ways to solve this issue?

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui 4 0 2009-12-09 09:09:19.578
!MESSAGE Could not resolve attributes
!STACK 0
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext.run(ModalContext.java:421)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow$1.run(ApplicationWindow.java:758)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:70)
at org.eclipse.jface.window.ApplicationWindow.run(ApplicationWindow.java:755)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchWindow.run(WorkbenchWindow.java:2487)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager.initAttributeColumnFactory(AttributeColumnManager.java:67)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager.getAttributeColumns(AttributeColumnManager.java:42)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.updateColumns(WorkItemViewer.java:465)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.setInput(WorkItemViewer.java:318)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer.show(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:506)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.WorkItemExplorer2.show(WorkItemExplorer2.java:634)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer$InputResolver.runInUI(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:307)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.UIUpdateManager$ForegroundJob.runProtectedInUI(UIUpdateManager.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.LoggingUIJob.runInUIThread(LoggingUIJob.java:71)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.resolve(AttributeColumnFactory.java:53)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.getInstance(AttributeColumnFactory.java:46)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager$1.run(AttributeColumnManager.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)
Root exception:
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.resolve(AttributeColumnFactory.java:53)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.attribute.AttributeColumnFactory.getInstance(AttributeColumnFactory.java:46)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager$1.run(AttributeColumnManager.java:71)
at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:121)

!ENTRY com.ibm.team.jface 4 0 2009-12-09 09:09:19.578
!MESSAGE Exception running 'Loading query'
!STACK 0
java.lang.NullPointerException
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.AttributeColumnManager.getAttributeColumns(AttributeColumnManager.java:45)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.updateColumns(WorkItemViewer.java:465)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.viewer.WorkItemViewer.setInput(WorkItemViewer.java:318)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer.show(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:506)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.WorkItemExplorer2.show(WorkItemExplorer2.java:634)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.rcp.ui.internal.explorer.view.AbstractWorkItemExplorer$InputResolver.runInUI(AbstractWorkItemExplorer.java:307)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.UIUpdateManager$ForegroundJob.runProtectedInUI(UIUpdateManager.java:94)
at com.ibm.team.jface.internal.util.LoggingUIJob.runInUIThread(LoggingUIJob.java:71)

!ENTRY org.eclipse.core.jobs 4 2 2009-12-09 09:09:26.453
!MESSAGE An internal error occurred during: "Loading".
!STACK 0
java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: com/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttributeFactory.findAllAttributes(Lcom/ibm/team/process/common/IProjectAreaHandle;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/expression/IQueryableAttribute;Lcom/ibm/team/workitem/common/IAuditableCommon;Lorg/eclipse/core/runtime/IProgressMonitor;)Ljava/util/List;
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.queryeditor.QueryEditorInputFuture.findColumnAttributes(QueryEditorInputFuture.java:138)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.queryeditor.QueryEditorInputFuture.constructEditorInput(QueryEditorInputFuture.java:84)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.internal.queryeditor.AbstractItemEditorInputFuture$1.runProtected(AbstractItemEditorInputFuture.java:85)
at com.ibm.team.foundation.client.util.FoundationJob.run(FoundationJob.java:68)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alexander Schinko (35511812) | answered Nov 22 '10, 11:20 a.m.
In case the next victim needs to know, Marcel from jazz team has rebuilt the BulkMoveWorkItem plugin against RTC 2.0.0.2RC1 and it is availble at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

I have tried it on my 2.0.0.2RC1 client against 2.0 server and it works fine. You can actually bulk move up to 45 work items in one session.

This plugin doesn't seem to work anymore for my 2.0.0.2 iFix4 client. Anybody has the same problem?
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 05 '15, 9:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The plugin as explained in the wiki page needs to be installed in exactly the version of the RTC client it was built to support. You can not just pick an arbitrary version.

Most of the clients are N-1 compatible to the server. Take a version of the plugin that is available and where the client version is smaller than the server version.

31 other answers

permanent link
Guowei Jim Hu (1.0k810353) | answered Dec 11 '09, 9:23 a.m.
In case the next victim needs to know, Marcel from jazz team has rebuilt the BulkMoveWorkItem plugin against RTC 2.0.0.2RC1 and it is availble at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

I have tried it on my 2.0.0.2RC1 client against 2.0 server and it works fine. You can actually bulk move up to 45 work items in one session.

permanent link
David Doughty (1812219) | answered Feb 09 '11, 8:33 a.m.

This plugin doesn't seem to work anymore for my 2.0.0.2 iFix4 client. Anybody has the same problem?

I have the problem in ifix03 and ifix04 clients. I even replaced the existing version in \jazz\client\eclipse\jazz\workitem\eclipse\plugins
which rtc didnt like at all, and threw a shed load of errors out.

Has anyone in IBM picked this up? I will try looking in the work items, and if not then I'll raise a PMR. In the meantime I will also try an old, old client

permanent link
Phillip Piper (15812524) | answered Jul 29 '11, 11:17 a.m.

I have the problem in ifix03 and ifix04 clients. I even replaced the existing version in \jazz\client\eclipse\jazz\workitem\eclipse\plugins
which rtc didnt like at all, and threw a shed load of errors out.

Has anyone in IBM picked this up? I will try looking in the work items, and if not then I'll raise a PMR. In the meantime I will also try an old, old client

I was also curious to see if anyone has done anything here to support this similar bulk move/copy on 3.0.1? I assume the plugin would need to be re-built for that level?

permanent link
Pavithra Kasturirangan (42955956) | answered Aug 04 '11, 7:19 a.m.

Hi,

Could you please help in getting this plugin installed successfully?
Im using Server version 2.0.0.2-iFix06 and client 2.0.0.2.-iFix 06
Where do i have to install the jar file ?

permanent link
K M (38325051) | answered Feb 01 '12, 10:49 a.m.
does anybody know where to install the jar and how to activate it

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Feb 01 '12, 11:01 a.m.
does anybody know where to install the jar and how to activate it

this is a client side plugin, and replaces same..
(note that the date string is different, so you will have to remove 1

you should only have to restart the client

this jar file on my system is stored in the IBMIMShared folder. (on 3.0.1.1)

Sam

permanent link
Stefan Hoffmann (14411820) | answered Feb 10 '12, 6:44 a.m.
Hi,

Is there a current version of this plugin for 3.0.1? There was once one in the wiki (as you can see in the history), but it has been removed.
Or is this feature regular available or in the current 40M7?

Stefan

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Feb 11 '12, 3:38 p.m.
According to comment 10 of work item 89392, a 3.0 version of this plugin
can be found at
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

Cheers,
Geoff

On 2/10/2012 6:53 AM, sho wrote:
Hi,

Is there a current version of this plugin for 3.0.1? There was once
one in the wiki (as you can see in the history), but it has been
removed.
Or is this feature regular available or in the current 40M7?

Stefan

Comments
Raj K commented Dec 04 '15, 11:33 a.m.

Hi Geoff,

I was able to find the plugin for 4.0 browsing through the link. Will this work for 4.0.5? I was searching my RTC eclipse client and I couldn't find the jar file except for in scmtools. Am I missing something?

Thanks

RK

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 07 '15, 1:46 a.m.

This only works with exactly the version of RTC it is developed for.

permanent link
Smita Gupta (11) | answered Feb 21 '12, 7:13 p.m.
I do not see the 3.0 version of the plugin at
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BulkMoveWorkItemsBetweenProjectAreas

Anyone have a copy?

Comments
Zeeshan Choudhry commented Aug 03 '15, 1:54 p.m. | edited Aug 03 '15, 1:57 p.m.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.