It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

While creating Dynamic WebProject in EWM 7.0.2 eclipse client I am getting error at last moment

Jitendra Singh (193) | asked Nov 24 '22, 4:35 a.m.

Failed while installing Dynamic Web Module 3.1.

java.lang.NullPointerException

Please guide me on this as I have installed Java EE perspective and anything else need to do more from installation side ?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 24 '22, 4:56 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can not see any relationship to EWM. It is unclear which EWM client (P2 install?) etc. The question is lacking all the details. It is unclear if the web module could be installed at all. 

Try to perform your setup on a regular Eclipse client of the same version shipped with EWM, if that works, you may open a case with support. If it does not, you can try a different version of Eclipse. You can P2 install the EWM client into it. Only if the error does not happen in the native Eclipse and happens when EWM is installed, this is a case for support.  

Please also see: https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2022/10/26/the-ewm-rational-team-concert-extensions-workshop-and-recent-eclipse-versions/ where I point out an issue with the Eclipse versions and the P2 install preventing install of additional tools. This should be a case with support.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.