It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Planned start date and Planned End date calculation -using Planned snapshots in RTC 7.0.2

Namrata B (214) | asked Nov 17 '22, 5:30 a.m.
Hi All,
So, I am able to create a planned snapshot in plans and if the workitem belongs to the same plan, dates are automatically fetched in the needed workitem( As the planned start and end date fields are not editable for workitem). But I am not able to understand the calculation.

Can anyone please help me understand how planned start date and Planned end date is calculated and fetched ,or what values to be provided to attributes to get required dates in RTC using example if possible?
As we want the dates to be populated in the workitem, as needed by us.

Thanks for support

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Nov 18 '22, 7:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can not provide you with all the details you ask for. I can however give you some guidance and background from my experience in the past. I am not totally up to date though.

1. Planned Start and Planned End Date are calculated. You can not set them. 
2. What contributes to the plan and the planned time is 
2.1 The Estimate on the work item. 
2.2 The Owner of the work item
2.3 The allocation of the Owner of the work item to the project/team area. If the owner is only allocated for one hour per week, a 5 hour job takes 5 weeks.
2.4  I don't recall what happens with tasks that have no owner.

As far as I can tell, EWM is not build for top down planning. 
The plan is calculated and determines the planned start and end date., The order that is picked is based on the order of the tasks in the my work view for each owner. I am not sure what determines the order in the Web UI. The initial order is also influenced by the order of assigning an owner.

There is no really simple way of changing the order of the items if you are not the owner. I have tried to drag and drop items in the roadmap view. I am not sure if that worked for me. 

This is my 2 cents. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.