It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to access MODULE instance of an artifact by navigating a DOORS Next traceability link

Bob 3 (1481564) | asked Oct 29 '22, 11:42 a.m.
edited Oct 29 '22, 11:43 a.m.

In my PUB 7.0.2 template, I am using the default DNG Text schema. Within that schema, my traceability query is dataSource>artifact>traceability>links>Link>relation

What is returned is a URI to the base artifact.

This is despite the link being created in the DOORS Next web UI to the module instance of the other artifact. In the screen shot, the requirement with the Refers to links can be seen. Note that all the links have been meticulously made to the module instance of every destination artifact. This can be seen in the "artifact links" section of the UI. [Note that the screenshot has been sanitized to remove proprietary information.]

I need to access the module instance of the artifact because I need to publish module-context-related information, including the paragraph number, the hierarchical position within the document, and information about the artifact's next nearest parent artifact. This information is not available from the base artifact, because the base artifact is not within any module.

One answer

permanent link
Karan Dethalia (561) | answered Nov 23 '22, 7:42 a.m.

Hi Bob,

Is this(refers to) a system defined link type?
If yes, which DNG template is applied that has this as system defined link type.

Or was this created as a custom link type ?

Comments
Bob 3 commented Dec 14 '22, 10:23 p.m.

Karan, thank you for your reply. My "Refers To" link type is a custom link type. 

However, this situation is not specific to my custom link type. It happens with any link type.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.