It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get stream name at impact analysis diagram

KT PD (597) | asked Oct 28 '22, 7:14 a.m.

Hi Team,

I am using IBM tool chain with version 7.0.2. I have created view in Engineering insights to get relations between several artifacts
I am trying to create impact analysis diagram for one of artifacts (requirement in DNG). It is showing up to level 1 by default and it is showing parent, child relationship with the component.
I am trying to get stream name instead of component name in diagram. Is it possible to show this?

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Rishikesh Agam (211) | answered Oct 28 '22, 4:01 p.m.
  • A Requirement is associated with a Component. A component can have multiple Requirements.
  • Similarly, a Configuration is associated with a Component. A component can have multiple Configurations (Streams/Baselines).
  • But a Requirement is not directly associated with a Configuration. A Requirement version can be used in multiple configurations. (Please refer to David Honey's answer for details).

Hence, a direct link from a Requirement to the Configuration (Stream) cannot be shown in the Impact Analysis Diagram.

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Oct 28 '22, 8:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A particular requirement version might be used in zero, one, or many, different local configurations (streams, or baselines). The component associated with the requirement is likely to have many configurations.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.