It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Affected By Defect" link import through CSV file

Chandra Prakash k (21213) | asked Oct 11 '22, 8:03 a.m.

Hi,

I have csv file with column A and column B where i want to link "Affected By Defects" through csv file format.

Column A = id
column B = Affected by defects ID.

kindly help us with the methods to import the csv file going forward.

Thanks
Regards,
Guruprakash

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 12 '22, 2:19 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Oct 12 '22, 3:12 a.m.

The link type is determined by the column header name for the column and the value of that column would be the work item ID. I would suggest to export a CSV and have a look.

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Oct 12 '22, 5:39 a.m.

Include in your export an existing link of the type you want to create.

Chandra Prakash k commented Oct 17 '22, 6:46 a.m.
Hi,
below is the table which i am using for import. but the system is not accepting. Am i missing something?
Id Affected by Defect
1068373 #1071599

Ian Barnard commented Oct 17 '22, 8:53 a.m. | edited Oct 17 '22, 8:56 a.m.

Yes you are missing something - You're missing doing as Ralph says to export a view of just the artifacts you want to update - but make sure there is an already existing link in the view so you can see how to format the data - with minimal columns (to simplify the CSV as much as possible) but including a column for the link you want to create, so you see the correct way to format the CSV content.

If you want to update module artifacts then you must export from the module and re-import into the same module; otherwise export from a view of the base artifacts and import back not into a module.

When you edit the CSV be careful to ONLY CHANGE THE LINK COLUMN because if you change anything else that change will be made in DOORS Next when you import the CSV. Don't remove or add columns, don't rename columns, don't remove the metadata at the bottom of the export.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 17 '22, 10:28 a.m. | edited Oct 17 '22, 10:28 a.m.

Ian, this is EWM. I gave it a shot but it did not work for me. The link was not created.

You could try the work item command line: https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line 
Some observations, use tab separator and  use " around the column values. seemed to be the best option for export and reimport.

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 17 '22, 10:36 a.m. | edited Oct 17 '22, 10:44 a.m.

I used this file

"Id" "Summary" "Parent" "Affected by Defect"
"181" "test" "#89" "#90"

The parent was created, the Affected by Defect was not.  https://github.com/jazz-community/work-item-command-line  might be the option.

Ian Barnard commented Oct 18 '22, 6:32 a.m. | edited Oct 18 '22, 6:34 a.m.
I don't see anywhere the OP specified EWM - yes I'd assumed DN :-o

You can certainly create links from EWM or ETM to DN artifacts using CSV import into DOORS Next :-)

showing 5 of 6 show 1 more comments

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.