It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

some question about approvals

Irina Vaganova (4111113) | asked Oct 06 '22, 8:03 a.m.

Hello, all

I have some question about approval in RTC:
1) In RTC approval tracking is there way to  delegate approve to another user, something like on behalf of?  
2) Is there possible incllude in email template approval field Due date approval? 
3) I find option ApprovalReminderNotificationTask , this task for remind overdue approval, but we need the same reminder for actual approval, i.e the user receives emails every day for 10 business days prior to the date for the end of the approval. Is it possible to set this?  

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Oct 06 '22, 9:49 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. Not that I am aware of.
  2. I do not know
  3. As far as I can tell, you would have to create and deploy a Server extension similar to https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2015/10/16/due-date-notifier-an-asynchronous-task-example/ to implement your own notification. In this case you could also generate text containing the due date. Note: you would need file system access on the EWM server. In a cloud instance this would require to be deployed by the cloud provider. 

Comments
Irina Vaganova commented Oct 07 '22, 3:48 a.m.

Ralph, thank you for your answers. As for the first question, while  we delete user from approval and add new one, but it's not quite what we want. 

Ralph Schoon commented Oct 07 '22, 4:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Irina,

I think I know what you want. I have seen similar requests in the past. Most popular is a role based approval, where you do not have to provide a user. The role is a placeholder. In ETM there is a precondition where you define how many users with which role must approve. In EWM there is not.   

Irina Vaganova commented Oct 07 '22, 7:42 a.m.

Thanks for the clarification 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.