It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does a member in a RTC Project Area Team inherite the same role into al the Team Areas ?

Herve DULAC (1113) | asked Sep 02 '22, 7:57 a.m.
A RTC PA contains 2 teams: Team-A, Team-B

John is a member of the PA team with a role (example: Stakeholder).
He is not declared in the teams: Team-A, Team-B.

As default with inheritance mode, is John also a stakeholder in these 2 teams ? so I do not need to add him in these 2 teams ?

Hervé

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Sep 12 '22, 3:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 12 '22, 3:35 a.m.

This is how the permissions system works: https://jazz.net//library/article/291

And this is how the operational behavior works: https://jazz.net/library/article/292

My understanding is, that this is more complicated and the answer needs more considerations. My understanding is, that in the context of the team areas for anything that is owned by the team area (e.g. for work items that are filed against any of the team areas), the users, in your setup, only have the role Everyone, which is the default role anyone always has. For an operation the permissions are the join over the permissions for the everyone role in the team areas and the Stakeholder and Everyone role  in the project area. 

This is important, because if you have configured special permissions in the team area for the stakeholder role, the users that are not added as members to the team area with the role Stakeholder would not get those permissions in the team area. It depends on how you configure your permissions, if this has an effect or not.

permanent link
Stefan Oblinger (170213) | answered Sep 07 '22, 11:07 a.m.

Yes John has also Stakeholder role in Team-A and Team-B.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.