It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Update existing file on stream using RTC Java API

Arati Kulkarni (132) | asked Aug 05 '22, 4:05 a.m.
edited Aug 05 '22, 4:06 a.m.

Hello,

I have some files already delivered on stream.
I want to update the file and deliver it again to same location in component.
But I am getting error while committing the changes to stream that Multiple children with same name already available.
Please let me know which API is used for committing updates for file.
I am using RTC Plain Java APIs 7.0.1

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Arati

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Aug 05 '22, 7:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Aug 05 '22, 7:52 a.m.

Hi,

the Plain Java Client Libraries contain pretty much everything that is needed to do the job. Just because you use an API does not mean you do not have to understand how the fundamental mechanisms work. Quite the opposite, the rules hold true to the API as well.  In general you create change sets, and check in the changes. You deliver change sets which completes them and sends them to the stream. You can delay delivering change sets, but if you want to do another modification in a new change set to a file that has changes in an open, not completed change sets, you would get an error similar to the one you mention. Try the sequence in the tool, before trying to use the API.

Some of the use cases have been implemented in this tool: https://github.com/jazz-community/ewm-scm-utils

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.