It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG how can I filter sections of a module?

Thomas Manzoni (212) | asked Aug 01 '22, 9:24 a.m.
Hello,

I would like to filter a module to show only certains sections (separated by different headings). Is there a way to do it?

For example I have 4 sections in a module (heading 1,2,3,4), but I want only to see sections 2 and 4, how can I do so?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Kimberly Boshers (1037) | answered Aug 01 '22, 10:17 a.m.

I find using tagging to show specific sections works. You add the tags to sections 2 and 4 artifacts, filter for those specific tags, and then create a view for that filter.

Comments
Thomas Manzoni commented Aug 01 '22, 10:19 a.m.

Thank you for the answer, but that means that I would need to add tags for each of the artifact in a module based on which heading they are "under", correct?

Kimberly Boshers commented Aug 01 '22, 10:30 a.m.

Yes, and I include the tag to the heading, too.  Example: for my Section 3 view, there is a "Sec3" tag for the Section 3 heading and all its descendants. I use this way of sectioning the modules for very large modules with many links.  It helps the module load faster if I'm only working in a specific section. I haven't seen an option in filtering like they have in Classic DOORS, where you can add a filter of an Object plus it's descendants or ancestors. That would be nice to have in DOORS Next.

Thomas Manzoni commented Aug 01 '22, 10:47 a.m.

Thank you again for the answer, it is useful, however for all already existing modules can be really problematic to add all the tags... correct? (Or there is a quick way that it's not manual one by one?)

Kimberly Boshers commented Aug 01 '22, 11:22 a.m.

It would be per module. You do have the option to show specific levels within a module, [right click at top of a column within a module> select first option to show full hierarchy or specific levels]. The hierarchy can be saved to a view. You could make that hierarchy view a preferred view in your module types.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.