It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can I Import more than 10 thousand test case from CSV to RQM at one go?

Sadanand R (112) | asked Aug 01 '22, 5:45 a.m.

Can i Import 10 thousand test case from CSV to RQM at one go?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 08 '22, 10:33 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have not tried anything like this. I do not know if there is anyone here that could answer this. My answer would probably be try to split and try a smaller number first. Dependent on the system you have it might be fine, or it could slow down your system.  

2 answers

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered Aug 17 '22, 3:30 a.m.

You can decompile & modify RQMURLUtility to accomplish your need. Input for this utility is XML. XML can be created from your csv.

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915136) | answered Aug 09 '22, 9:21 a.m.

Hi Sadanand,

A better approach to import data to RQM/ETM is using ETMExcelWordImporter utility.

You can try out the utility in a test instance to create an Excel Sheet to format your TestCase contents and the supporting configuration file.
After finalizing, you can import the artifacts into RQM in batches using the same configuration file.

Further, you can also create and associate the TestCase to TestPlans, TestSuites, TestScripts etc. 

Sample Excel Sheet with Configuration files are available under <ETMExcelImporter tool Install>/samples folder.

Hope the above details are helpful.

Let me know if there are any questions/concerns.

Best Regards,
Bharath 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.