It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to restore a Work Item type that has been removed in the EWM Project Area?

Lee Couch (172) | asked Jul 29 '22, 10:00 a.m.

During an event to simplify the user interface in EWM for some projects we removed some of the default Work Item types. (Project Area>Project Configuration>Configuration Data>Work Items>Types and Attributes>Work Item Types).  Is there an easy way to restore the Item Type "Project Change Request"?  Can I simply add a type and Create a new Category and replicate the category from another project that still has it in the list?  Is there another way?

Users are wanting to implement Global Configurations and need the WI back.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 29 '22, 2:14 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You can - in the Eclipse Client - open the project area and go to the process configuration source. Right click into the XML and use the history to find the changes that removed the type. You can copy the process that still has the type over the latest, to get it back. Assuming you did not do other changes. You can try to recreate the correct XML, if you know what you are doing. 

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 02 '22, 8:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I am not sure if this helped. As an afterthought, I think, if you try to recreate the type in the UI, you will get conflicts with ID's that have already been created and stored in the database/process.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.