It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

HTTP error during scm checkin

cosma eduard (112) | asked Jul 29 '22, 1:44 a.m.
edited Jul 29 '22, 1:47 a.m.

Hello,

I'm trying to checkin some files to Jazz [near 15000 files with 150Gb in total], and during the checkin step [after near 3 hours of checkin] I'm receiving an HTTP error. I tried 5 times, and every time this error message is appearing after ~3 hours.

CRJAZ0099E An HTTP error occurred when this URL was being accessed: /ccm2/service/com.ibm.team.filesystem.common.IFileContentService/content?hashcode=QmKd5XP3UNGVlzNDfzQcE0oHDQ1oiXW-TjSHj-gzhWM&lineDelimiter=&encoding=Cp1252. Error details: java.nio.channels.AsynchronousCloseException.\r\n  Change is not a deletion: ADDITION /Eng_System/RTOtask 28546297.7z [UUID _3WxXsA4kEe2_nL_hOZL2Hg]\r\n  Change is not a deletion: ADDITION 

The error is repeating this message for every file that was not checked-in. Those files doesn't have something special, and are not big in size.

Does anyone have any idea for fixing this problem ? Thanks !

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 29 '22, 2:37 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would suggest to check in smaller subsets of files. Otherwise, please open a case with support.

Comments
David Lafreniere commented Aug 16 '22, 3:12 p.m. | edited Aug 16 '22, 3:14 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It sounds like you are trying to check-in 150GB in one change set. I agree that multiple change sets are better (plus it makes it easier for others to accept individual change sets at a time vs one giant change set).

Related to this topic, it's generally bad practice to use SCM to check-in large binary files (vs text based files where versioning makes sense) unless using an external content repository. See: https://jazz.net/library/article/90403
(Whether or not this is the case here, it's worth me pointing out his article here in case others stumble on it).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.