It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to get Stream details in DNG

KT PD (597) | asked Jul 01 '22, 1:47 a.m.

Hi Team,

I am using DNG 6.0.6.1. I want to fetch all the streams created under DNG using any reportable API.
After fetching the streams, I want to fetch reviews under particular stream using stream resource URI.
Can anyone help me on the same?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jul 01 '22, 7:28 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jul 01 '22, 7:29 a.m.
I am unsure what your expectations are. This is a forum and there are limits what can be done. Especially questions like yours "I want to use some API to do something complex, can you tell me how" are often beyond what can be done.

I do not want these to sit around as unanswered however, so here some hints:

Here is the API landing page consider to look it up .https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMProductAPILanding
DNG has several APIs. The API you are likely interested in are the Reportable REST API or the OSLC RM API.

I do not know if these APIs provide what you want. I have recently played with the OSLC API and it is possible to discover all the configurations in a project area (that includes the streams). Once you have those you could try to access details. It is not a given that you can access what you want though.

I have, long time ago, written https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2019/03/07/type-system-manager-part-2/ and there is source code available you can try using to understand how to get the configurations. Unfortunately the technology Eclipse LYO used in that example is not easy to understand how the communication works. 

There have been many questions around the reviews, even recently, You might want to search for those.

My best strategy to search Jazz.net for answers is using the following question type:
Google some question I have site:Jazz.net.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.