It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to use Source Control - Attribute definition for custom attributes for tagging purposes under RTC Source Control - Streams?

Ajay N (11) | asked Jun 13 '22, 1:05 p.m.

What is the purpose of Attribute definition in RTC project Area? I have a requirement where I need to create a new attribute with name "Tag1" and add it to a RTC Stream. 

I need to link this custom attribute in my Jenkins job as well so that my Jenkins job can do SCM checkout only with the stream name with the tag "Tag1". 

Is there any parameter we have to perform this action?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 14 '22, 2:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The purpose of source control attributes, as far as I am aware, is to provide a customization option. The attributes can store metadata that is accessible for automation and extensions. The metadata follows rules that are aligned with SCM operations. Initially there were no UI capabilities to access these attributes, only the API and the SCM Command Line was able to set and read the values. For some items this has changed. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.