It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I download all repository files?

Matt Drummond (11) | asked May 30 '22, 3:17 p.m.

In EWM source control, I have a component with several GB of files in it.

When I press the "Download" button in the repository root directory, nothing happens. I do not get the file explorer dialog indicating where I would like to save the zip file.

I am assuming this is related to the overall size of the repository, because it works if I try to download a smaller repository in a different component.

One answer

permanent link
Matt Drummond (11) | answered May 30 '22, 3:26 p.m.

There was one 2GB file that couldn't even be downloaded individually, so I guess there is some kind of file size limit where exceeding it causes anything containing that file to reject downloading it.

Anyways, after I removed that file I was able to download the entire repository.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 31 '22, 3:07 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I would expect an error or some kind of message, if there would be a size limit for download. I could see that there might be a long delay preparing downloading a big file. So I am not so sure if this is a defect or potential enhancement. There could be issues with the client laptop not being able to cope with the size.

Note, this is not a normal SCM operation and only used to export the stream data.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.