It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Can you control write and read access for local streams in DNG/EWM/ETM?

srinivas sakibanda (133) | asked May 29 '22, 7:56 p.m.

Hi All,

I know I can control read access for local streams created in a project area in EWM. Can you control write access for that local stream also in EWM? And can read and write access be controlled in Doors Next Gen (DNG) or Engineering Test Management (ETM)? Thanks.

Regards,
Srin

Comments
Adrian Haw commented Jun 13 '22, 10:59 a.m.
You can control access at Project Area level so if you want to restrict read access to different parts of your development project you will have to split the artifacts across as many ERM/ETM projects as you require for controlling read access.
You can control write access separately within a project but anyone with access to a project can read entire content of the project.

2 answers

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered May 30 '22, 3:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

For DNG, ETM - no, there is no capability to control ead access by configuration. Having such a capability was discussed a couple of years ago but was regarded as lower priority than other work and I believe there are no current plans to do so.

Comments
srinivas sakibanda commented May 30 '22, 4:13 a.m. | edited May 30 '22, 4:24 a.m.

Thanks for the response, but can I control write access for local streams in EWM/AM(Rhapsody)?  

David Honey commented May 30 '22, 5:34 a.m.

I will leave that to someone on the EWM SCM team to answer.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 30 '22, 9:53 a.m.
edited May 30 '22, 10:34 a.m.
In my experience, there are limits in how fine grained you can control SCM operations in EWM.

There is user, project area and team area ownership and access groups that can be used for read protection (if you can not read something, you can not write either). It is possible to prevent delivery to components in a stream using an advisor pre-condition. It is possible to write custom pre-conditions e.g. to prevent check-in if you wanted.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.