It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Create a Plan using Java - how can I find the necessary jars?

Ana-Maria Rosu (388) | asked May 26 '22, 7:29 a.m.

Hello everyone,

I want to create a Plan using Java APIs and I have found some already asked questions related to this topic on the forum:

I understood that the dependencies necessary to create a Plan are found in the SDK and I have to take the missing jars from there and add them to my project. So, I followed the steps described there and I downloaded the SDK, but I cannot find any jars - the dependencies are packaged as zipped sources. 
An important mention is that I want to use Intellij IDE where I have already set up the Plain Java API libraries.

I saw some documentation on how to install the SDK using Eclipse IDE, but I consider it to be unnecessary for my case: I just want those dependencies for creating the Plans and not to set up the whole thing.
Can you tell me where can I find the jars?

Also, I saw that this is an unofficial API. Is there some plan to make an official one for this functionality?

Thanks a lot,
Ana

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 26 '22, 8:20 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited May 26 '22, 8:39 a.m.
Follow the Extensions Workshop https://jazz.net/library/article/1000 and perform at least the complete Lab 1. After this you know where the Jar files are and how to work with the dependencies.

In general the forum can not talk about planed items, but I am pretty certain that there is no plan to make the Java API for agile planning (.apt. in the package namespace) public. As far as I can tell, it is a left over from the times the planning was integrated and available in the Eclipse client.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 30 '22, 2:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I should have pointed out, that this kind of work would be done in an Eclipse client. First of all, the SDK is something that is based on Eclipse and this makes it unfeasible for other IDE's. There is also no integration of IntelliJ I am aware of.

Ana-Maria Rosu commented May 30 '22, 3:52 a.m.

Thank you for your response!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.