It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS (CLM 6.0.6.1) - Show text as a clickable URL in Reports

Glyn Costello (13637) | asked May 25 '22, 10:56 a.m.
Hi,

If I place a requirement "Title" next to a "URL" column in a JRS Report using LQE, the two are merged and I get a clickable link.

However, if I try and move the URL field next to the Id instead, or change the Title to be a custom expression, I end up with a separate column with the messy URL in it.

How do I format the columns in a JRS report, or configure the custom expression/SPARQL so that it uses the URL as a clickable link for the Title or Id without a separate column?

...without manually editing the SPRQL query for the report (i.e. using the UI)?

Thanks,

Glyn

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered May 25 '22, 11:00 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You have to keep the title and URL as adjacent columns.

Comments
Glyn Costello commented May 25 '22, 11:19 a.m.

I know that's the case normally, however, if i remove the "Title" column and replace it with the custom expression using SUBSTR(title,1,50) to trim the title length to less than 50 characters, AND have the URL next to this new column, the URL has it's own column.

David Honey commented May 25 '22, 11:21 a.m.

That's the current design. I do not think that is customisable.

Glyn Costello commented May 25 '22, 11:41 a.m.

I'm wondering if there is a SPARQL function that will combine my new title with the URL to make a clickable URL. In the custom expression editor there's a URL format.

David Honey commented May 25 '22, 11:49 a.m. | edited May 25 '22, 11:50 a.m.

It looks like you could use SPARQL expressions to construct an HTML hyperlink of the form <a href='uri'>text</a> . It looks like RB renders that as an HTML hyperlink in the report results. Watch out for HTML escaping the text part.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.