It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Getting Started Extending Team Concert 2.0

Jean-Michel Lemieux (2.5k11) | asked Dec 04 '09, 4:38 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
There is a lot of new information to help you extend Team Concert 2.0 and it's all in one wiki document. Development environment setup, server side development (with videos), and a presentation on the direction of integrations is also available.

We've built a all-in-one SDK zip file which makes it easier to setup development environments to create, tests, and browse extensions.

See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RtcSdk20

Note: The previous 1.0 wiki topics are deprecated and we recommend you follow the setup instructions in the 2.0 wiki.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

18 answers

permanent link
alberto rosponi (2122) | answered May 11 '12, 10:36 a.m.
Hi,
i'm reading the document "IBM Rational Team Concert 3.0.1
Extensibility" and i'm stuck at page 44. I should create a Test Database from the "Run configurations -> JUnit Launch" menu ( Create test database option).
I previously copied the launcher jar file in the jazz\client\eclipse\dropins folder as described at page 9, but on the right window of "run configurations" i see that some "features cannot be found", so i can't create the database.

Could anyone help me, please?
Thanks in advance!

Alberto

permanent link
Arthur Pararas (6) | answered Apr 10 '12, 3:38 p.m.
Thanks jlemieux....the wiki was very helpful for

permanent link
Ella Joeas (6) | answered Nov 03 '11, 5:11 a.m.
I am new here but looking to get RTC API can any one help to find this?

RS Gold

Buy cheap RS Gold

permanent link
Muge Erinanc (6) | answered Sep 19 '11, 6:48 a.m.
Hi;

we are using RTC client Version: 3.0.1 and JTS 3.0.1
We have downloaded the programmatic work item creation example from
"https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation"
but when we try to run the CreateWorkItem main method we get at the
team.reposity .login( null) the following exception , do you have any idea? :

com.ibm.team.repository.common.TeamRepositoryException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:67)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)
at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:522)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.getAppropriateException(RemoteTeamService.java:717)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:510)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invoke(RemoteTeamService.java:202)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.ServiceInvocationHandler.invoke(ServiceInvocationHandler.java:43)
at $Proxy0.describe(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:79)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invokeServiceCall(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:164)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.ServiceInterfaceProxy.invoke(ServiceInterfaceProxy.java:88)
at $Proxy0.describe(Unknown Source)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1487)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$4.run(TeamRepository.java:1)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository$3.run(TeamRepository.java:1261)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.transport.CancelableCaller.call(CancelableCaller.java:79)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.callCancelableService(TeamRepository.java:1254)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.internalLogin(TeamRepository.java:1480)
at com.ibm.team.repository.client.internal.TeamRepository.login(TeamRepository.java:618)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.example.CreateWorkItem.run(CreateWorkItem.java:118)
at com.ibm.team.workitem.ide.ui.example.CreateWorkItem.main(CreateWorkItem.java:88)
Caused by: com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.MarshallingException: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.impl.EObjectMarshaller.demarshalInputStreamToObject(EObjectMarshaller.java:558)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.demarshallEnvelope(RemoteTeamService.java:615)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.invokePost(RemoteTeamService.java:546)
at com.ibm.team.repository.transport.client.RemoteTeamService.executeMethod(RemoteTeamService.java:485)
... 19 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.emf.ecore.resource.Resource$IOWrappedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:201)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.util.WebServicesXMLLoadImpl.load(WebServicesXMLLoadImpl.java:76)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLResourceImpl.doLoad(XMLResourceImpl.java:180)
at com.ibm.team.repository.common.internal.marshal.impl.EObjectMarshaller.demarshalInputStreamToObject(EObjectMarshaller.java:555)
... 22 more
Caused by: org.xml.sax.SAXNotRecognizedException: http://apache.org/xml/features/validation/schema
at com.bluecast.xml.Piccolo.setFeature(Piccolo.java:902)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLParserPoolImpl.makeParser(XMLParserPoolImpl.java:144)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLParserPoolImpl.get(XMLParserPoolImpl.java:106)
at org.eclipse.emf.ecore.xmi.impl.XMLLoadImpl.load(XMLLoadImpl.java:139)
... 25 more

permanent link
Lokesh Banga (611) | answered Mar 15 '11, 3:42 a.m.
Hi,

I am looking to extract some data out from RTC in excel programatically to generate some reports. Has anyone done it so far? Can someone let me know how can i access the RTC API's to extract workitem data for e.g.?

Lokesh Banga

permanent link
Bjorn Baker (106) | answered Mar 01 '11, 7:20 a.m.
Hi

I am new here but looking to get RTC API can any one help to find this?

I suggest you to find it in any threads. I just found it when my last view. But I forgot where. ^_^

permanent link
Fabian Ehls (161) | answered Feb 17 '11, 7:18 a.m.
I downloaded the client libs for RTC 3.0 and have the "snippets" project created and have successfully connected via Snippet1.

It looks like snippets 2-4 wouldn't be something I would be doing too often, so I went to Snippet5. However, this looks to me like it creates a new project for the work item ... does anyone have an example where an existing project is used? I am also looking for examples of doing queries of work items.

Hava a look at https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ProgrammaticWorkItemCreation (Scroll to Section "Plain-Java Client)

permanent link
alan kemp (6185) | answered Feb 10 '11, 1:46 p.m.
would it be too much to ask for a download RTC SDK zipfile link? the jazz site is very slow. thanks.

permanent link
Steven Pogue (7142) | answered Jan 25 '11, 12:19 p.m.
I've tried to download the RTC 3.0 SDK on two different machines and both report the zip as corrupted. Anyone else having that problem?

Found the issue. Windows Explorer cannot handle the zip file. Using 7-zip worked.

permanent link
Steven Pogue (7142) | answered Jan 21 '11, 12:04 p.m.
I've tried to download the RTC 3.0 SDK on two different machines and both report the zip as corrupted. Anyone else having that problem?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.