It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 7.0.2 - Permission to "Remove" a workitem within a project area (team area), but it is restricted to move it to another project area.

Ngan Nguyen Kim (133) | asked Apr 08 '22, 8:01 a.m.

Dear,

I am using RTC 7.0.2, trying to restrict the movement of a work item from one project area to another project area.

What I tried so far:

1)    Restrict the permission to modify the project area
Outcome: It’s still possible because the project area configuration from the target project will apply here

2)    Restrict remove the work item from a team area
Outcome: This restricts in general the removal of a work item from a team area

What I am looking for is a permission that able to "Remove" a work item from a team area within the same project area, but it should be restricted to move it to another project area.

Is there any feature as my expectation? If yes, please guide me.

Kind regards,

Ngan

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 08 '22, 9:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Apr 08 '22, 9:32 a.m.

For all I know the association to the process area is associated to the category/filed against. Moving a work item to a different project area is quite complex, because the process of both project areas can be completely different.

With respect to changing the category/the process/team area and moving a work item to another project area, the following permissions to control which role are out of the box. There might be more that are relevant.

1. Change the category (filed against) 
  2. Remove a work item from a team area
  3. Modify the work items project area (Move Work Item to another project area)
You can not 

"Remove" a work item from a team area within the same project area, but it should be restricted to move it to another project area."

Comments
Ngan Nguyen Kim commented Apr 21 '22, 5:58 a.m.
Hi Ralph Schoon,
Thank you for the response. I did the same and it does not work as expected. Seems this is a limitation of current version.

Ralph Schoon commented Apr 21 '22, 6:27 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Since it is still totally unclear what you actually try to do and what you do in the UI, I doubt that there is any limitation based on a version involved.  

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.