It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Characters that cannot be used when registering SCM in JavaAPI Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: UNMAPPABLE[1]

Kodac Hasubo (364) | asked Apr 06 '22, 7:40 a.m.

Java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: UNMAPPABLE[1] occurs if there is a "~" in the file name registered in the SCM. 

Is there a way around this error?
I can only come up with a way to convert "~" to "~", etc.

When compressing into ZIP file, an error occurs.
 I want to know which characters get errors besides "~". What characters get an error?

I am compressing zip files in the following ways

ZipOutputStream zos = new ZipOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(zipFile), Charset.forName("UTF-8"));

ZipInputStream zipInStream = new ZipInputStream(fileInputStream, ”MS932”);

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Apr 06 '22, 8:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

So you zip with MS Code Page 932 and unzip with UTF-8? Does that even make sense?

Otherwise the question lacks all information that might be useful. It does not show where the error happens it is tagged completely incorrect, no product name, no version. 

If you want people to remote debug your code, please have the courtesy to provide the information. 

Kodac Hasubo selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Kodac Hasubo (364) | answered Apr 06 '22, 8:43 a.m.

thank you Ralph Schoon 

After changing ZipOutputStream to MS932, 

it succeeded. Thank you very much.

ZipOutputStream zos = new ZipOutputStream(new FileOutputStream(zipFile), Charset.forName("MS932"));

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.