It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to fetch resources from Jazz server with JSA enabled?

Chris Pingel (1114) | asked Apr 01 '22, 3:11 a.m.
edited Apr 01 '22, 3:14 a.m.

Hello community,

I am working on a non-Jazz application (in C#) trying to fetch requirements from DOORS NG.
It works fine for my test environment, but I am thinking about Jazz server configurations different than mine.

Currently, I try to figure out which authentication options I should support. Up to now, Form based and Basic is supported, because my test environment is a Jazz Team Server where JSA is disabled.
So, when it comes to JSA / OpenID Connect, is it possible to still challenge Form based or Basic authentication? Is there anything I need to know here? 

I know that there are some pages, wikis and so on, but I did not find an answer to the question what will be different from my application point of view when OIDC / JSA is enabled.

Could you please help me here?

Thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Apr 01 '22, 3:54 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

This explains how the Jazz Authentications works and it points to the sources of the information:

This authentication works for me for all environments I have worked with so far. You can try to use BASIC authentication as a fallback. I think I have used it against JAS environments and it has worked for me. The blog above explains the whole dance and also has a fallback to BASIC auth, but as far as I am aware this has never been necessary. I forced it for some testing.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.