It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Issue with "Execution States" i RaportBuilder

Khadang azimi (151) | asked Mar 29 '22, 9:27 a.m.

1) modify an Execution State in the "Manage Project Properties" and save.

2) run test case execution test at test plan level and make sure you chose the modified Execution State in step 1)
3) go to report builder and create report for the test run in step 2)
4) in the report builder chose Data source: Data Warehouse and push "Continue".
4) go through all Report builder steps and create a result table for the test execution in step 2)
5) make sure that in the repor You have a column "verdict (Test Case Results)"

Remark [1]: By now You should see that modified Execution State is NOT reflected in Report under "verdict (Test Case Results)" column.
Report Builder using the Default Name of the Execution State.
Remark [2]: in the instalation there is no LQE to swtch to under "Data source"

Question: seems to be a BUG do You have any slution for that?

BR

2 answers

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Mar 29 '22, 11:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Remember that with Data Warehouse, it relies on the DCC (Data Collection Component) application to run ETL jobs to populate the data in the data warehouse. The data is not real-time. Check your DCC jobs and when you have them scheduled to run.

If you want near real-time reporting, use an LQE based reporting data source. You can use the RB Admin...Data sources... page to view, add, or modify data sources. See https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.0?topic=configuring-managing-data-sources for details.

Comments
Khadang azimi commented Mar 30 '22, 3:22 a.m.
 Hi 
This issue is NOT about real-time Data.
The test excution in exercise abow is at least 2 weeks old, and  DCC (Data Collection Component) application working as it should be.

Question is this issue seems to be a bug an please do execies the test and wait for least 1 day or as many hour as it requires to DCC get up-to-date.
Then You could see that issue I am seeing. 

if not a Bug please let know.

BR 

David Honey commented Mar 30 '22, 4:42 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I suggest you submit a ticket with IBM Rational Support: https://www.ibm.com/support/pages/open-ticket.

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Mar 30 '22, 8:05 p.m.
This seems to be how it works currently. See more details in the below work item:

Comments
Khadang azimi commented Mar 31 '22, 2:49 a.m.

I am not sure if this is  ticket or not but it seems that it is known issue and it has high Priority: P1

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.