It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to combine columns at report builder

Harald Bartholomeizik (11) | asked Mar 22 '22, 4:00 a.m.

I build a report with ID, summary, field against, URL and others. I want to go to the listed work item by click on the ID. Is it possible to combine ID and URL or to modify the view of URL (only ID)?

I do not find something about in help documentation or jazz.net.
We are using 7.0.2

Thanks in advance

3 answers

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Mar 22 '22, 6:35 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
If you include Title and URL as columns in a report, the table presentation combibes them to represent this as a hyperlink, with the text of the link being the title, and the link URI being the URL value. This gives you a link that you can use to navigate to that resource.This does not apply to ID. Not all objects have ID values, and IDs are not guaranteed to be unique.

Comments
Harald Bartholomeizik commented Mar 22 '22, 9:46 a.m.
Thanks, David.
It seems we have at our project area / report builder no attribute "Title" but "Summary". I try and put "URL" behind "Summary" but it does not work.
Any other option?
I will get in contact with our support team to clarify settings.

BR, Harald
(An User only)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Mar 22 '22, 9:45 a.m.

I agree that it would be nice if you could add the work item URI behind the work item ID in the report to navigate there. Unfortunately I am not sure if that is possible. I did look at it and I do not see an option. There might be an option using advanced capabilities. I am not sure.

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Mar 22 '22, 9:54 a.m.

I see Title as an available attribute for work items and defects:

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Mar 22 '22, 10:10 a.m.
This is the default that I see. ID, Name and URL are default attributes that are artificial. Name represents the work item summary attribute (but merged with the URI - the link). You can see the summary twice, but without URL in the back. Note that names of attributes could look different based on language settings. You wont see all attributes. E.g. Description is not available. Not all attribute types are supported in reports.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.